Senior Financial Analyst
920 Winter Street Greater Boston Area, MA 02451
Position: Senior Financial Analyst
Location: Greater Boston Area
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 months
- The main functions of a Financial Analyst are to gather and analyze financial information; will typically conduct quantitative analyses of information affecting investment programs of public or private institutions.
- A typical Financial Analyst is responsible for analyzing and communicating financial information stakeholders.
- Prepares monthly unit profitability reports.
- Conducts research and studies involving financial analysis, strategic planning, cost allocations and transfer pricing.
- Prepares management reports.
- Performs monthly reviews and evaluates actual financial performance of the company' s business units and performs variance analysis relative to plan.
- Analyzes and interprets financial data and compiles statistical reports on current financial developments, financial policies and plans, and significant organization developments.
- Assemble spreadsheets and draw charts and graphs used to illustrate technical reports.
- Analyze financial information to produce forecast of business, industry and economic conditions for use in making investment decisions.
- Interpret data affecting investment programs, such as price, yield, stability and future trends in investment risks.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking.
- Ability to work independently and manage ones time.
- Ability to analyze business trends and project future revenues and expenses.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles, the financial markets, and reporting of financial data.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to accounting.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and any other related financial software.
- Bachelor' s degree in accounting or related financial discipline required.
- An advanced degree in a financial discipline is preferred.
- 5-7 years financial and/or accounting experience required.