Senior Informatica Developer
32 Hartwell Ave Greater Boston Area, Massachusetts
Position Title: Senior Informatica Developer
Job Location: Greater Boston Area, MA
Interview Expectations: Phone and In Person Interview
Local Candidate: Yes
Required Skill Sets: Informatica, ETL Development (10+ years), Unix, Oracle
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
Build and maintain Business Intelligence solutions such as reports, scorecards, dashboards and data services to provide business value.
- Responsible for driving the culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Coordinate with ETL team to implement all ETL procedures for all new projects and maintain effective awareness of all production activities according to required standards and provide support to all existing applications.
- Understanding business requirements and validate all designs and schedule all ETL processes and prepare documents for all data flow diagrams.
- Documents all technical and system specifications documents for all ETL processes and perform unit tests on all processes and prepare required programs and scripts.
- ETL Design all data mapping techniques for all data models in systems.
- Supports the ongoing ETL implementation when needed. Performs upgrades, patches, and operational tasks as directed.
- Analyze and interpret all complex data on all target systems and analyze and provide resolutions to all data issues and coordinate with data analyst to validate all requirements, perform interviews with all users and developers.
- Perform tests and validate all data flows and prepare all ETL processes according to business requirements and incorporate all business requirements into all design specifications.
- Collaborate with all developers and business users to gather required data and execute all ETL programs and scripts on systems and implement all data warehouse activities and prepare reports for same.
- Perform root cause analysis on all processes and resolve all production issues and validate all data and perform routine tests on databases and provide support to all ETL applications.
- Develop and perform tests on all ETL codes for system data and analyze all data
- Provide support to all ETL schedule and maintain compliance to same and develop and maintain various standards to perform ETL codes and maintain an effective project life cycle on all ETL processes.
- Collaborate with Metadata Manager and perform tests and provide update to all ETL activities within schedule and provide support to all large data volumes and assist in data processing.
- Candidate must have BS and/or MS in Computer/Health Information Systems and/or MBA with concentration in Information Technology, or a BS in a related field and significant development experience.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 8+ years overall experience in Information Systems, including software design/development in: Informatica, PL/SQL, UNIX, Scripting, Oracle, and MSSQL Databases.
- Must be familiar with analysis and design methodologies for full system development life cycles.
- Must be competent with relational database designs and concepts.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to identify alternative approaches/solutions to risks and issues
- Expertise supporting production environments
- Business process knowledge in multiple business process area desired, especially around healthcare vertical.
- Ability to prioritize/ self-managing / self-motivated
- Strong written and oral communications
- Attention to detail
- Process oriented