Senior Mulesoft Developer (Contract)
32 Hartwell Avenue Remote, USA 02421
Position: Senior Mulesoft Developer
Location: 100% Remote (Boston, MA Area)
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 4 months to start
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
- The Sr. Mulesoft Developer brings in-depth expertise with the tools, databases, operating systems and languages used by company to deliver robust integration processes.
- Delivers software that complies with architectural and technical standards/objectives. Responsible for the development of programming code modules, release coordination and technical component documentation for specific integration efforts.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understands and internalizes the project mission and associated company objectives for the effort.
- With little supervision, develops tests and deploys high-quality software for integration processes that range in complexity from low to high.
- Identifies technical alternatives/improvements and presents them to tech leads and architects.
- Be a recognized ‘ go to’ expert for other developers on the team. Imparts best practices and guidance.
- Develop technical specifications and release plans as required by the technical team lead.
- Works with the technical team lead for direction/design and collaboratively with team developers and others to achieve cohesive, compliant software deliveries.
- Conducts thorough unit and string tests. Supports system integration and quality assurance testing.
- For a specific project assignment this role will include:
- Review functional specifications and contribute to technical specifications.
- Complete final technical design details for assigned components.
- Write, debug and unit test complicated Informatica or other code fairly independently.
- Participate in technical code reviews – your code and others’ codes.
- Create test data and run code to support testing.
- Direct the activities of a more junior developer and lend expert assistance to all teammates.
- Lend technical assistance to more junior developers.
- Provide task related status reporting and documentation.
- Participate in software deployment, conversion and verification.
- Maintain software versions in version control tool.
- Author and execute unit testing strategies and results related to all development efforts.
- Bachelor’ s Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5 years of hands-on development experience with JAVA, J2EE (Spring) and REST/SOAP Web Services.
- 5 years of hands-on development experience working with APIs and API Gateway product. Building API Proxies and API Policies.
- 5 years of hands-on MuleSoft experience, MuleSoft Certification is big plus.
- Experience connecting applications in the Cloud with API services and data stores on-prem and exposure to solutions like AWS-EC2/S3/Direct Connect etc.
- Experience with Open API (Swagger) specifications and RAML.
- Experience developing solutions moving data sets of all sizes connecting File Systems, OLTP, OLAP, Data Lakes, No SQL & Big Data environments.
- Must have experience with DevOps culture and tools such as Gitlab and Jenkins for CI/CD.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with multiple competing priorities
- Strong organizational skills • Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Experience with Healthcare standards like HIPAA and SOX is plus.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of software development lifecycle and methodologies spanning development, testing, release and deployment management.
- Health Care development experience preferred.
- Good communication and writing skills.