Senior Network Security Engineer
67 Millbrook St Worcester, Massachusetts 01606
Responsible for the firewall and network operations. Update and monitor network and application firewalls. Assists in continuing security policy support. Security monitoring and vulnerability management support. Interface with engineers on day-to-day requests.
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- At least three (3) years Information Technology work experience, including experience with troubleshooting and maintenance of enterprise networking systems.
- Checkpoint firewalls required
- Experience with a ticketing system such as Remedy.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Strong knowledge of Cisco and Extreme routers and switches, LAN and WAN protocols.
- Knowledge of Cisco, Extreme PIX and ASA firewalls, IPSec VPNs.
- Advanced Ethernet and TCP/IP.
- RSA SecurID technology
- Linux experience
- IDS/IPS experience desired but not required.
- Performs platform-specific technical tasks including upgrades, installation and configuration and installation of patches and fixes to minimize risk and service disruptions.
- Resolves availability, capacity, and performance issues.
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency
- Participate in Risk Assessments of various requests.
- Works with engineers to ensure server security compliance. Scripts and automates various tasks related to network and security support.
- Performs problem analysis and documentation, root-cause analysis, and create incident reports.
- Performs detailed troubleshooting for complex operational issues.
- Work with the team to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Performs tasks relating to business continuity products, including patching, health checks, audit review and repair, configuration modifications.
- Ensure service performance meets or exceeds business expectations and is delivered in accordance with SLAs.
- Provides on-call support in a defined rotation schedule
- Complies with established departmental policies, procedures and objectives.
- Attends variety of meetings, conferences, seminars as required or directed.
- Demonstrates use of Quality Improvement in daily operations.
- Complies with all health and safety regulations and requirements.
- Respects diverse views and approaches, and contributes in maintaining an environment of professionalism, tolerance, civility and acceptance toward all employees, patients and visitors.