Senior PM - Hartford, CT (Project Manager IV)
350 Church St Hartford, Connecticut 06103
Position: Senior PM
Location: Hartford, CT
Duration: 9 months
Must sit onsite in Hartford, CT
Interview: Phone and In Person Required
The Program Coordinator will be aligned with Enterprise level activities and responsible for ensuring the Digital Program Office - Sales and New Business Experience initiatives implementation and adherence. This role requires a strong ability to partner, attention to detail combined with the ability to drive work across a matrixed environment.
* Partner with Business Project Manager(s) to educate and implement governance structure, gating requirements, and procedures (related to CBA, Change Requests, Issues, Risks, etc.) to ensure compliance with governance.
* Establish strong working relationship with Business Project Managers and other Functional Project Managers aligned with business execution to reinforce the value of governance and support delivery success.
* Accountable for Digital Sales and New Business Weekly Status reporting for aligned Lines of Business
* Accountable for ensuring readiness and appropriate gating/signoff
* Drive consistency and adherence to governance best practices
* Escalate appropriate dependencies, risks, issues and communications to Sales and New Business Program Manager for enterprise solutions.
* Support the evolution of key program artifacts within Digital Program Office Support the development of governance best practices, process and procedures.
* Quick learner/adapter - ability to learn current environment quickly, know what questions to ask
* High energy, logical multi-tasker
* Ability to perform analysis to identify and understand trends, escalate as appropriate
* Customer Focused and Collaborative
* Solution Orientated
* Strong Communication and Facilitation Skills
* Ability to introduce new concepts and guide internal audiences to adopt
* Comfortable influencing without authority
* Change agent mentality, willingness to evolve and improve approach
* Detail orientated with the ability to summarize appropriately
* Know when and how to adjust messaging to audience (know how to read a room and pivot as needed to support the needs)
* Self-starter - will draft templates, presentations and solutions to meet the need
* 5-7 years of Project Management - ideally execution and governance roles
* Executed with SDLC, Iterative, Agile, and or CI methodologies.
* Experience with coordinating work across multiple methodologies including Agile, iterative, waterfall, etc.
* Experience with Agile planning tools such as VersionOne.
* Insurance operations experience - awareness/understanding of business functions and processes, business transaction systems
* Understanding of digital experience design, insurance sales and distribution models, data and reporting, and business readiness and planning.
* Experience with transformational initiatives (any type) that significantly changes an environment
* Experience building new project management office processes and procedures Additional Job Details: