Senior PMO Program/Project Manager
331 Veranda St Portland, ME 04103
The Senior Project Manager - SPMO is responsible for managing strategic projects, processes, tools and activities in support of the Strategic portfolio including, but not limited to, managing the overall strategic portfolio status, facilitating strategic portfolio planning and status activities, and planning and managing medium to large-scale strategic portfolio initiatives using standard project management principles. Applying project management skills and techniques, the Senior Project Manager – SPMO works collaboratively with internal departments and external organizations to successfully develop and execute initiatives, activities as well as develop and roll out project management best practices.
- Timely and accurate updates and publication of the Strategic Portfolio Initiative Management Dashboard and Intake Tracker.
- Successful implementation of complex initiatives through industry standard project management practices.
- Expert use of project management tools to deliver plans that result in sustainable resource allocation and successful delivery of projects.
- Applies project management techniques to projects and activities, including (but not limited to) detail planning, task management, risk identification, issue escalation and resolution, contingency planning and both capital and operating budget management.
- Proven ability to interpret an extensive variety of materials furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Leads the development of project management processes, tools and standards in support of project and portfolio management.
- Develops project charters and comprehensive project plans with input from stakeholders and team members for initiatives assigned by leadership.
- Leads and directs others through the project management process and tools.
- Provides mentorship to Associate Project Manager(s), Project Manager(s) and Project Coordinators.
- Collaborate across Information Technology Project Managers, Business Partner Project Managers, Management System to accomplish the Strategic Project Portfolio.
- Leads Request for Proposal/Information (RFP/RFI) process by clearly developing and defining requirements with customer and coordinating vendor participation and response.
- Leads vendor evaluation and selection process by facilitating vendor demonstrations with stake holders and creating, organizing and reporting on detailed vendor scoring.
- Ensures all project and initiative work adheres to established Martin’ s Point standards and best practices.
- Provides detailed metrics on all aspects of projects, initiatives and resource allocation and utilizes those metrics to drive improvement.
- Adheres to and advocates for established Policies and Procedures focused on quality outcomes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 8+ years Project Management experience, overseeing projects in a matrix environment with at least 5 leading and supporting strategic projects
- Bachelor’ s Degree or combination of relevant education and experience required
- Experience in both waterfall and agile project management methodologies required
- PMI knowledge and practices required and PMP certification preferred
- Experience of project budgeting and finance processes required
- Lean principles knowledge and experience preferred
Required License(s) and/or Certification(s):
- PMI or PMP certification preferred
- Scrum Master certification preferred
- Demonstrates an understanding of and alignment with organizational values.
- Exceptional communication skills providing timely, concise, and audience appropriate information in both oral and written form.
- Exceptional ability to communicate about project process and the project portfolio at highest levels, including executive level Governance and support all communication with appropriate level of details.
- Demonstrated expertise managing teams and multi-disciplinary workgroups in achieving team objectives, without direct authority.
- Demonstrated project management skills overseeing complex projects in a complex environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to work independently and prioritize work and manage multiple competing demands.
- Ability to facilitate the determination of system requirements to guide system procurement and development for complex solutions.
- Ability to lead discussion, manage conflict, and facilitate cross-departmental group decision-making at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to lead external vendors through a successful implementation of their solutions.
- Exceptional financial acumen including experience with developing project costs and contributing to return on investment (ROI), net present value (NPV) calculations and total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Facilitates contract creation and negotiation by serving as a liaison between customer, vendor and legal consultation.
- Demonstrated experience with systems development life cycle.
- Strong leadership, through expert knowledge of project management, relationship-building, problem-solving, and effective communication.
- Experience in leading RFP development and execution to inform the decision-making process for system purchases.
- In-depth knowledge of planning and systems and tools.
- Teamwork and Relationship with Others: Collaborates with a variety of individuals by establishing and maintaining constructive relationships.
- Remains poised in times of stress and can lead the team through moments of crisis while keeping projects on track.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Customer Focus: Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Continuous Learning: Ongoing and self-motivated pursuit of knowledge, enhanced competency and performance.