Senior Procurement Analyst - Rockleigh, NJ
8 King Road Rockleigh, New Jersey 07647
Position Title: Senior Procurement Analyst
Job Location: Rockleigh, NJ
Duration: 6 months to start
Interview Expectations: Phone and In Person Required
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
- The Sr. Category Analyst uses analytical and quantitative methods to understand, predict, inform, and enhance processes. The analyst will assemble data, analyze performance, identify problems, and develop recommendations. Partners with management to develop strategies and monitor supplier performance. Supports sourcing and contract negotiations. Assists in analytics associated with category sourcing model strategy to support the Supply Chain objectives.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Sr. Category Analyst plays a key role supporting the category management team. Key responsibilities include:
- Leads and/or contributes to low to medium complex supplier negotiations. Performs proposal analysis, including price analyses, “ Should Cost” modeling, and benchmarking.
- Assists with securing internal stakeholder’ s buy-in to procurement initiatives
- Contributes to annual cost savings goals that directly affect company financials and growth plans
- Through data analysis identifies future opportunities for year over year cost reductions
- Prepares and administers eSourcing events (RFP, RFI, & eAuctions) for the qualification and selection of suppliers,
- Manages data collection, analysis, dissemination and integration from a variety of sources to deliver meaningful, actionable insights that are supported by statistical analyses.
- Analyzes large amounts of data and provides in-depth analysis needed to support services within the business operations to meet operational and strategic goals. Access all spend-data sources within and outside the enterprise.
- Use technology & templates to develop regular reporting that provides insight, identify opportunities and deliver solutions.
- Identifies industry benchmarks for practice and product comparison. Synthesizes data from diverse sources; present findings and opportunities in clear, concise manner.
- Establishes and builds relationships with stakeholders across corporate and clinical divisions
- Supports Category Managers in enabling of key category sourcing strategies.
- Establishes and monitors Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for top suppliers with category manager
- Provide visibility on the historical spends data and trends, business intelligence, and market intelligence. Will be a key support in developing sophisticated category sourcing strategies to best leverage existing spends.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel requirements: Infrequent (? 5%).
- Bachelor’ s degree in Business, Materials Management, Supply Chain Management or related.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 3 – 5 years of indirect or direct sourcing responsibility required; experience with laboratory strategic sourcing preferred
- Project/program management experience preferred
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications with advanced knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with eSourcing and Request to Pay (“ R2P”) tools such as Ariba a plus
- Ability to negotiate the best possible terms with suppliers that have a far-reaching impact on our business
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, strong organizational skills.
- Adaptable and willing to take on multiple new tasks and responsibilities.
- Maintains a service-oriented attitude
- Moderate to complex level of financial analysis knowledge including business modeling and problem-solving skills.
- Results driven, innovative & creative. Aligns and energizes behind common objectives, action-oriented & willing to face challenging situations.
- Experience negotiating pricing, contract terms and conditions including statements of work (SOWs).
• Experience in providing project management for sourcing initiatives to stakeholders.
• Analytical skills: The ability to interpret and ground decisions on solid analytics.
• Critical thinking and decision making: The ability to solve complex problems and think through both tangible (holistic supply chain costs) and intangible (future value of supplier relationships) factors in making decisions for the company.
• Influencing and collaboration skills: The ability to influence internal and external stakeholders, including executive management to achieve initiative objectives. The ability to develop relationships and build both a strong direct and indirect sphere of influence.
Laboratory Business Sourcing Focus
This role focuses on strategic sourcing, to support all aspects of a laboratory business, from suppliers and solution providers covering ~$100M in annual spend. The optimal candidate will have experience in strategic sourcing as primary skills and have the ability to interact with stakeholders to develop sourcing and supplier strategies. Key skillsets are as follows:
• Leads laboratory specific, multi-year, system-wide strategic sourcing/consolidation initiatives designed to increase the quality of supply chain services while reducing total cost of goods and services
• Project management and managing cross-functional teams and suppliers
• Ideal candidate is agile and flexible in their thought process to move difficult projects forward under tight time constraints
• Working collaboratively with stakeholders to create value across business units
• Skills required to lead, drive and manage identification of annual sourcing project pipelines
• Understands and executes the tenets of supplier segmentation and rationalization/consolidation, with the goal of improving buying power, delivering lower cost and optimizing the supply base, in accordance with category management strategies
• Leveraging suppliers, trends and new/emerging technologies to add value for stakeholders and drive cost savings and efficiencie