Senior Project Manager
1983 Marcus Ave New Hyde Park, New York 11042
Position: Senior Project Manager
Job Location: New Hyde Park, NY
Leads all phases of the project lifecycle following NSLIJ’ s IS project management methodology to successfully achieve clinical and business objectives for multiple and complex healthcare technology initiatives. Establishes schedule, budget, and coordinate project activities to ensure the success of projects from original concept to final implementation. Mentors staff in project management methodology and competencies.
- Ensures the established Project Methodology is followed including creation of the project plan and maintaining it using Microsoft Project and CA Clarity, and completion of standard project deliverables as specified.
- Works with IS, vendors and customers to develop Project Proposal outlining deliverables, business requirements, risks, assumptions, key stakeholders, roles and responsibilities and budget.
- Defines and develops project plan including schedule and funding limitations.
- Coordinates with Resource Managers to define required roles and tasks for each project phase and works with Resource Managers to assign staff and procurement of contractors, as needed.
- Performs all standard PMI PMBOK project management activities as specified in the NSLIJ project management methodology.
- Conducts weekly status meetings with project team to communicate work plan, track actual performance against plans and budget, analyze variances, and identify issues and risks to ensure all customer needs are met while maintaining control of the project.
- Develops weekly status reports and modifies schedules as required following change management process.
- Oversees deliverable creation and quality, including review of other project managers’ work.
- Prepares and presents project reports for management, clients or others, as requested.
- Mentors and coaches others to develop project management competencies.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- Bachelor' s Degree, required. Master’ s Degree, preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years related technical experience including five (5) years of project management for information technology projects, required.
- Experience in assigned technical area (i.e. Healthcare, Infrastructure, etc), and in a similarly sized IT organization, required. Healthcare environment, preferred.
- Program Management Institute (PMI) training required.
- PMP Certification, required.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex IS programs and projects utilizing PMI PMBOK standards and industry best practices, required.
- Very strong communication, presentation, relationship building and strategic planning and implementation skills, required.
- Very strong analytical and organization skills and ability to manage multiple complex projects, required.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate difficult or controversial discussions and drive to issue resolution, required.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate overall design discussions to completion, required.
- Ability to mentor and coach others to develop project management competencies, required
- Strong experience with MS Project required. Experience with CA Clarity or related PPM tool, preferred.