Penn Plaza East
| Work from home flexibility
Category: Government, Project/Program Management
Job Number: 20027
Position: Senior Project Manager
Location: Newark, NJ - Hybrid (onsite/remote)
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 5 Months
The Senior Project Manager has primary responsibility responsible for developing, organizing, managing, and controlling complex projects across IT. The Senior Project Manager will partner with sponsors, stakeholders, and the project team to ensure efficient project delivery. Senior Project Manager will source and track tasks from diverse stakeholders, including operations groups, capital funding group, and vendors, and will ensure their timely delivery. Candidate will generate and submit financial estimates to receive purchasing approvals. Candidate must be familiar with digital task management tools like PPMPro, Jira, Clarizen, or similar tools. Candidate will track tasks, and regularly create and present reports on project status, escalate delays and slowdowns, and ensure responsible parties are delivering tasks on time. Senior Project Manager will manage complex portfolios of several projects at a time, and must be able to keep all projects on track and documented. Project scopes include but are not limited to resilient information technology systems related to projects including electrical power distribution, outside/inside plant communications, LAN/WAN network infrastructures, telephone services, and data center critical systems.
- Lead project team’s project development lifecycle to capture business requirements, create project scopes and schedule(s), document budgets, and assign resources.
- Estimate, confirm, and track financial components of projects, generate cost estimates, and submit financial documents to procurement.
- Lead delivery of changing and complex portfolio project(s) to achieve on-time/on-budget delivery.
- Act as a primary liaison between sponsor, stakeholders, team members, and vendors.
- Host project meetings and provide status updates to project stakeholders.
- Delegate work and assignments to project team members based on expertise, work experience, and time constraint.
- Manage risks and issues to ensure minimal impact to delivery.
- Manage project delivery based on staffing (resource) and financial constraints.
- Construction management and job inspections at construction site to ensure systems are installed in accordance with drawings and specifications.
- Technical reviews of multidisciplinary and highly technical transportation projects designed by in-house Engineering Team and outside Consulting Firms, ranging from Electrical, HVAC, Communication, Network Design and Carrier Services.
- Review of IT and systems infrastructure for bus and train facilities including communication rooms layout, conduits, copper, and cable infrastructure layout for outside and inside plant.
- Review of passenger communication system including passenger information displays, public address system.
- Review of CCTV security systems and ticket vending machines infrastructures.
- Review of switched ethernet and wireless network.
- Work with AutoCAD and CSI format specifications to prepare IT construction documents.
- Advise on strategies for solving technical challenges using technology capabilities that are built and administered by diverse IT departments (network, cybersecurity, etc)
- Demonstrated experience forming, organizing, and leading project teams from initiation to implementation.
- History of effective communication with business leaders, project stakeholders and team members.
- Experience with budget estimation, scope of work generation, and participation in procurement processes.
- Proven ability to provide full-service solutions covering planning, design and specifications development, project management, implementation, and operational support.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel (Lookups, Pivots) and Powerpoint/ Visio.
- Experience with and strong working knowledge of PPM Pro or other PPM Tools (Clarity, Jira, HP PPM, etc.…)
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and delegate when appropriate to meet deadlines.
- Proven risk management and issue resolution skills.
Education and Experience:
- Associates, Bachelors, or Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Urban Planning, Construction Management,
- RCDD Certification highly preferred.
- PMP and/or comparable project management certifications highly preferred.
- Minimum (8) years leading large, complex projects.
Queen Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to promote an environment that helps our employees and clients appreciate the benefits that diversity provides.