Senior ServiceNow Business Analyst
900 Chelmsford St, Lowell, Massachusetts 01851
ServiceNow Business Analyst Consultant
Role Overview - This is a versatile role where you will drive continuous service improvement by ensuring business processes and system level changes meet the highest standards. The ability to respond to business demand and deliver value quickly in an iterative, incremental manner is key to the success of our IT Service Management organization. Your overall responsibility will be to serve as a ServiceNow subject matter expert and act as principal developer and mentor to a team of ServiceNow administrators. You are responsible for providing best practice advisory services to functional and technical streams throughout the solution implementation and ongoing sustainment.
This role will certify the solution design of strategic technologies during solution development. This role will build and drive high performing relationships with strategic development partners to ensure high quality delivery of all aspects of solution development to maintain consistency, stability and supportability of the solution and processes. This individual needs to stay current on the vendors solution capabilities and product roadmap and maintain the organizational roadmap for the solution.
- This organization has multiple instances of the ServiceNow platform implemented and require a Senior Solutions Business Analyst t to assist in ongoing implementations and driving solution design and development in the environments. You will be responsible to determine stakeholder needs, create solutions and evaluate high-level design issues relating to platform, enterprise software and integrations with other systems.
- Maintain the comprehensive design parameters and organization development standards while reviewing the application development progress
- Establish technical feasibility and solution designs for ServiceNow enhancements, functionality, new applications and services, conduct POCs to demo new ideas and help solidify technical direction
- Develop processes and standards for creating and maintaining software documentation, including test cases, Peer reviewing code and configuration.
- Ensure tool configuration consistency across development, stage, testing, sandbox, and production environments
- Supporting resolution for defects arising from development work and platform upgrades.
- Work collaboratively with the wider ServiceNow development team to share best practice and re-use.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness emerging ServiceNow platform features and functionality.
- Provide mentoring and guidance for ServiceNow System Administrators
- Analyze and fully understand business requirements and current procedures to improve system capabilities, automate process workflows and address scheduling limitations throughout the development and delivery of the ServiceNow roadmap for all environments
- Identify and troubleshoot complex problems, perform root cause analysis, provide forward thinking, and long term technical solutions
- Identify, assess and recommend alternative solutions to meet business needs
- Responsible for monitoring the activity between the Corporate IT ITSM and Cloud ITSM teams that provide daily support of these environments, to ensure that all changes that are requested and being made to the system will not negatively impact the environments over time.
- Some day to day activities consists of process flow analysis and design review, providing best practices for technical design and creation of technical documentation standards and templates.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- Candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of ServiceNow implementation experience in complex environments and 5 years of technology implementation background
- Minimum 5 years of ServiceNow development experience
- ServiceNow System Administrator, ServiceNow Advanced System Administration, and ITIL Foundation Level Certifications would be a plus
- Excellent knowledge of ServiceNow Cloud technology
- Extensive knowledge and experience of developing using Web Services, Java Script, Angular JS, CSS and HTML, SOAP, REST, JSON, and XML.
- Strong experience in ITSM Applications (Asset Management, Change Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Service Level Agreement and CMDB)
- Design and Develop Service Portal pages as per business requirements
- Experience in building custom applications
- Experience in creating advanced reports in ServiceNow
- Experience with discovery tools integration with the service now CMDB, and experience implementing and maintaining a CMDB.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (Visio, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments