Senior System Engineer
County Hwy-3 Melville, New York 11747
Position: Senior System Engineer
Job Location: Meliville, NY
Designs, deploys, upgrades and optimizes the performance of servers and related systems in assigned technology specialty in support of customer business objectives and within established timelines. Participates in performance improvement initiatives including documenting resolution issues, providing data on team performance metrics and mentoring and educating lower level staff
- Designs, deploys, maintains and monitors the infrastructure environment in assigned technology specialty and works within established project timelines.
- Installs, configures and supports hardware and software required to operate assigned technologies.
- Provides on-going maintenance including updates, patches and anit-virus updates.
- Provides second and third level operational support for issues escalated from the Service Desk.
- Performs Availability/ Capacity/ Performance analysis as assigned.
- Conducts performance monitoring, system health checks, trending analysis and capacity planning.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues in assigned technology including hardware, software, operating system and application-related issues while maintaining Enterprise Service levels.
- Develops and maintains documentation related to technology installation, administration and maintenance and disaster recovery planning.
- Participates in change management and performance improvement programs for assigned technologies, as needed, including mentoring and educating lower level staff, as assigned.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Information Science, Computer Science, Software Engineering or Business Administration, required.
- Minimum of five (5) years systems engineering support and maintenance experience in assigned technology area, in a highly available and complex mission-critical environment, required.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent, required.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years systems engineering support and maintenance experience in assigned technology area, in a highly available and complex mission-critical environment, required.
- MCSE or CISCO certification, highly preferred