One Columbus Plaza
| Work from home flexibility
Category: IT Business and Systems Analysis
Job Number: 20763
Position: Senior Technology Business Management Analyst
Location: New Haven, CT – Hybrid Onsite/Remote
Job Type: Direct Hire
- Overview In support of the Director, Business Technology Management Office, the Senior Technology Business Management Analyst will assist in providing the Order with a consistent way to translate technology investments to business value by helping define the tools, processes, data, and people needed to manage the business of technology.
- Specifically, this individual will provide executive level and cross-functional support for all analysis and reporting needs that the Information Technology Services (ITS) organization requires.
- Key components of the above include identifying the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for technology services and aligning that data within ITS’ tools and platforms, helping to instill financial and vendor management disciplines throughout the organization, and assisting with budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Collaborate with IT management and program/project leads to support the creation of business cases and Cost Benefit Analysis exercises
- Support developing and implementing financial and vendor management disciplines across the entire IT organization
- Interface with technology suppliers to negotiate and execute new/renewal contracts, including but not limited to seeking out expense reduction opportunities for licensing, maintenance/support, and professional service agreements
- Audit and assist with financial approvals, including IT requisition and invoice processing
- Support senior management and functional departments with in-depth analysis as required, including but not limited to Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) analysis, budgets, invoices and contracts; provide ad-hoc analysis to resolve issues and support business decisions
- Assist with improving the effectiveness and efficiency of management reporting, including the delivery of sustainable financial tools (e.g. ServiceNow) to create reporting & dashboards to keep the ITS organization on course by having the appropriate visibility to financial and contract data
- Support financial planning and budgeting, monitor and assist with the management of IT expenditure, ensuring that all IT financial targets are met, and examining any areas where budgets and expenditure exceed their agreed tolerances
Professionalism/Personal Accountability, Collaboration and Teamwork, Communication, Flexible and Adapts to Change, Service to Customers and Clients
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with management, technical peers, and business stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to plan and manage budgeting for ITS
- Ability to communicate effectively in a clear, concise manner with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities, multiple assignments in parallel, and maintain a positive, customer-oriented attitude.
- Strong writing skills including the ability to author process flows and requirements specifications.
- Ability to be successful in a fast paced, high energy environment.
- Experience with annual business planning
- Experience implementing and/or supporting a wide variety of technologies (e.g. hardware, peripherals, networks, servers, databases, applications, etc.)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Education and Experience Qualifications
- Experience with ERP systems (e.g. SAP) and financial management tools (e.g. Apptio) is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably Management Information Systems (Information Technology focused degrees) or business administration
- 7+ or more years of experience in IT, IT Finance, or IT Sales, including a minimum of 3 years data analysis, forecasting, TCO and cost optimization, budget management and reporting experience required.
- Experience partnering with IT and IT Security architecture teams
- Experience participating in and supporting IT Governance
Physical Demands Ability to operate a laptop computer, connect the laptop to a docking station and other peripherals, and carry the laptop to the office on occasion.
- Experience with process development and improvement, including in tools like Navvia
Queen Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to promote an environment that helps our employees and clients appreciate the benefits that diversity provides.