Senior Voice Engineer
Earl Campbell Pkwy Tyler, Texas 75701
Position: Senior Voice Engineer
Job Location: Tyler, Texas
Interview Expectations: onsite
Local Candidate: not required
Required Skill Sets: voice engineer, avaya preferred
Determines voice strategies and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members. Determines voice requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information on telecommunication standards; conducting system voice network and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates. Plans voice systems by evaluating voice and network technologies; developing requirements for voice communications systems, contact center software, SIP routing strategies and related voice devices; designs call routing infrastructures and plans for voice systems business continuity.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements voice systems by specifying connectivity configurations.
- Directs equipment and software installation and calibration.
- Prepares preventive and reactive measures.
- Provides technical support and completes documentation.
- Verifies voice systems by developing and implementing tests.
- Maintains voice network by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures.
- Conducts incident response analyses.
- Upgrades voice systems by monitoring voice and network environment.
- Identifies voice system gaps; evaluates and implements enhancements.
- Prepares system reports by collating, and summarizing data and trends.
- Leads project meetings acting as a resource regarding technical tasks on projects.
- Responsibilities include project planning on technical tasks, the development and testing of system components, documentation preparation and review, system implementation activities, participation in project and team meetings, and product implementations.
- Provides support for Infrastructure teams for debugging and troubleshooting.
- Works closely with the rest of the team and the Network Security teams to troubleshoot and optimize the environment.
- Communicates with development teams when changes occur.
- Has broad expertise or unique knowledge; uses skills to contribute to the development of company objectives and principles, and achieve goals in creative and effective ways. (Barriers to entry, such as technical committee review, exist at this level)
- Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles.
- Exercises judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments. May supervise the activities of others.
- Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups.
- Mentors other staff as applicable.
- Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assists with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Responsibilities May Include
- Focus on one or more departments or locations.
- See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.