Service Desk L1
33 Pond Ave, Suite 109B Brookline, MA 02445
Position: Service Desk L1
Location: Greater Boston, MA
Duration: 3 mo contract-to-hire
Must Haves: 0-1 yr experience, excellent customer service skills, Epic EMR preferred
Interview: Must be able to interview on site
- Answering calls from end users, gathers the required information to understand and troubleshoot the problem effectively. Properly escalating unresolved queries to the next level of support or resource.
- Capturing and documents appropriate details related to issues with the organization’ s computer system, networks, and applications in the Help Desk ticketing system to ensure accurate reporting, logging, and communication of issue resolution; troubleshooting reported problems according to established procedures, and closes the tickets when appropriate. Communicating updates to user as appropriate.
- Repairing and maintaining workstations throughout the organization. Troubleshoots PC problems and performs PC hardware upgrades, as necessary. Testing equipment as appropriate.
- Exhibiting sensitivity to callers’ needs and situations, works hard to find solutions/workarounds to ensure users are able to continue practice day-to-day operations.
- Serving as the first contact between the organization and the end-user community pertaining to computer/hardware issues, and EMR break fix or training requests. Guiding end users through diagnostic procedures in order to resolve as many problems as possible. Working with appropriate teams and coordinates the resolution of reported issue. Escalating problems to supervisor, when necessary.
- Knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts typically acquired through completion of an Associate' s degree in Computer Science, or a related field and 0-3 years’ experience.
- 1 year of experience working with an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) preferred; Epic EMR experience preferred.
- Analytical skills to resolve problems that require the use of basic scientific, mathematical, or technical principles. Ability and desire to master new applications and technology on a continual basis.
- Occasional evening or weekend hours.
- Previous experience in a call center environment preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; with a focus on providing excellent customer service in all interactions with practice staff, clinicians and colleagues.