140 East 300 South
| Fully Remote
Category: Government, IT Quality Assurance
Job Number: 19542
Position: Software Developer in Test
Location: Remote (must be local to UT)
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 5 years
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test, you will act as a validation and quality assurance expert and review the functionality of new and existing systems. You will define and develop an automated infrastructure, define pipeline-based testing methodologies, and build upon the existing QA automation strategy to support a collaborative continuous-testing effort across multiple projects. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry to create innovative high quality and defect-free solutions to meet our clients' business needs. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued.
- 4+ years of experience in Automation Testing focused on testing strategies and test execution
- Experience in building automation tools such as GitHub Workflows, Ansible, Vagrant and Docker.
- 4+ experience testing RESTful web services and JSON data structures
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, GCP), with a focus on cloud-native development
- At least 4 years of Information Technology experience
- Experience working in an SCRUM/Agile/DevOps software development environment
- Experience with both relational and non-relational databases (Oracle, Postgres, Mongo)
- Experience in Test Automation with Selenium
- Strong scripting skills and proficient with at least one shell and high level scripting language (bash, perl, python)
- Strong background in designing or extending existing test frameworks; JUnit, TestNg
- Experience with maven and git; expertise with continuous integration systems using AWS Codepipeline, AWS Codebuild, Github Actions.
- Knowledge of architectural frameworks and design principles
- Proficient in programming languages and OOPS concepts
- Primary skill set of programming experience in Java, Selenium and Python
- Experience in supporting QA frameworks in a Docker container.
- Experience with Git, especially GitHub.
- Ability to work in a team in diverse/multiple stakeholder environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with the Atlassian stack (Jira/Confluence) as well as writing test/acceptance criteria
- Experience and desire to work in a Cloud-based delivery environment
Queen Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to promote an environment that helps our employees and clients appreciate the benefits that diversity provides.