Software Engineer - MS Full Stack
920 Winter St Greater Boston Area, Massachusetts
Position: Sr Engineer, Software Developer (MS Full Stack)
Location: Greater Boston Area
Type: Contract or Direct Hire (preference is DH or CTH)
Required: 5-8 years exp, some cloud experience (server-less technologies). Full stack .net
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- The software development team at Global Digital Solutions (GDS) is chartered with building ConnectedHealth platform that allows deep data integration of kidney dialysis products with patient care systems to help clinicians improve patient care globally. The SW Engineer Cloud will be working on new and continuing software development projects throughout the GDS medical software space.
- The diversity and complexity of the development work ranges from design, development and implementation of IoT solutions, PKI services, multi-tenant clinician portals, integration with external EHR system and mobile applications. All accomplished within the context of medical software space.
- The primary area of focus for this role will be hands-on directing and leading on-site and offshore development teams in a variety of projects. This will require working with the architects and product owners to design the most appropriate solution and the implementation of that solution.
- The role requires effective decision-making skills along with the ability to clearly communicate and collaborate at all tiers of management and across business groups to achieve team success
- The person in the role expected to direct and provide technical guidance to on-shore and off-shore teams to develop, enhance or replace systems or sub-systems within ConnectedHealth.
- Designs and develops products that meet approved User Inputs, support business and market strategies, and are intended to generate revenue growth
- Develops and establishes detailed Engineering Input specifications to ensure proper product function, safety and quality.
- Leads in debugging, testing, code reviews and other types of investigations and design reviews.
- Establishes standards for proper code management and communicating proper software design.
- Provides advice and mentor other staff with new learning to increase overall department and group expertise and productivity.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’ s Degree in a software engineering or related discipline is required. Advanced degree preferred.
Experience and required skills
- Deep understanding of software design considerations like microservices, design for security, mobile first, backend for front-end and domain driven design etc.
- Must have the ability to work at both high and low levels of abstraction to collaborate and/or lead cross-functional teams within the organization.
- Proficient in SDLC processes in regulated software space, preferably around medical device software standards e.g. IEC-62304
- Experienced in .Net framework, .Net Core and associated Microsoft technologies
- Experienced in developing and deploying cloud-based applications and serverless architectures, using Docker containers preferably on the Azure cloud.
- Experienced in Git, configuring and using build tools to set up delivery pipelines.
- Proficient with cybersecurity principles, public private key encryption and authorization mechanism utilizing OAuth2 and SAML for SSO.
- Proficient in data modeling and usage of relational and NoSQL databases (PostgreSQL, SQL Server etc.)
- Proficient with Rapid Applications Development principles and Agile development methodology
- Familiar with CCDA, HL7 and FHIR standards
- Familiar with the concepts behind the design, implementation and operation of a Connected Product or IoT architecture.
- Familiarity with mobile applications development would be desirable
Must be able to work independently or with very general direction.