222 Berkley St Boston, Massachusetts 02038
Position Title: Software Engineer
Job Location: Boston, MA
Interview Expectations: phone, technical screen & in-person
Local Candidate: not required
Our client is looking for Software Engineers to be part of one of their multidisciplinary teams where you’ ll work closely with designers, product managers, and data analysts. You’ ll be a creative contributor to the processes and decision-making so when they build new features, they can ensure scalability and availability of the entire platform.
There is an opportunity for Lead level roles helping to establish and lead teams centered on the mission of providing a best-in-class experience for our products and customers. As well as direct the clients engineering teams and influence the product roadmap.
All positions require strong technical skills and a bias toward collaboration. You will be collaborating across teams, informing business decisions, helping to expand our software platform and creatively finding solutions to all of our scaling challenges.
- Senior Software Engineers will develop systems and APIs that power a rich set of applications used by a large and passionate group of users every day.
- Care about agility as much as you care about scalability. The organization roll out products very quickly and is looking for a team that can pivot at a moment’ s notice.
- The organization is constantly growing and forming new teams; you will be able to lead either as an engineer or transition into a manager role.
- Lead and Sr. Lead Software Engineers will take ownership for development, maintenance, testing strategy, design discussions and operations of a full stack team, with API services written primarily in C# with SQL databases hosted in AWS.
- Collaborate with business leads across the company to define milestones and deliveries on very short time frames for new functionality to be added to existing systems.
- Developing systems and APIs that power a rich set of applications used by a large and passionate group of users every day.
- Care about agility as much as you care about scalability. We roll out products very quickly and are looking for a team that can pivot at a moment’ s notice.
- Work with your team under fast deadlines to design, build, and deliver innovative applications.
- Lead your team in design sessions and ensure your team delivers high quality work that aligns with the mission of our platform and engineering strategy
- Senior Software Engineers should have a strong knowledge of OOP and REST design principles.
- 1+ years of relational database experience including schema design and SQL
- Experience writing and maintaining a comprehensive suite of unit and integration tests.
- Experience writing distributed systems in a Cloud Computing environment such as AWS strongly preferred.
- Ability to grow other engineers through code reviews, design reviews, and over-the-shoulder debugging.
- Lead & Sr. Lead Software Engineers will ideally have experience as the ‘ expert’ on a development team where they were responsible for everything from planning to delivering key features and management of those features.
- Expertise with at least on object-oriented language like C# or Java.
- Strong relational database skills using technologies like MySQL or SQL Server.
- Familiarity with modern client JS frameworks, like Node.JS, React, and Redux.
- Familiarity with AWS services and infrastructure.
- Ability to write automated comprehensive test suites at all levels of the architecture.
- Prior experience helping scale a rapidly growing company is a plus.