Solutions Architect Clinical Development
50 Northern Avenue Boston, Massachusetts 02210
Position Title:Solutions Architect Clinical Development
Job Location: Boston
Interview Expectations: onsite / Skype
Local Candidate: not required
Required Skill Sets: Solutions Architecture, AWS, clinical data management, pharma/biotech, biostatistics a plus
This company is currently looking to expand its Clinical Development Systems team within the IT department to support a growing number of exciting new projects. The department is responsible for accelerating the drug development process through technology. The goal is to enable innovation in Clinical Development while efficiently getting medicine to patients.
This organization is embarking on a major initiative to revamp the technical infrastructure supporting preclinical and clinical data operations. The Clinical Solutions data architect is person who is passionate about making a difference to the life of patients with data, process and technology. Closely working with business leaders in Biometrics, Data Management, Modelling and Simulation you will develop IT strategies for supporting their evolving needs. Being a technology partner to our business, you will be responsible for the defining, establishment and ongoing evolution of the next generation technology platforms that will collect/ manage preclinical and clinical data at Vertex. Using your expertise with business and technology, you will help realize the vision of our business units.
- Work with leadership within the business organization to develop strategies for supporting their evolving needs related to clinical data acquisition, transformation and analytics. Integrate Clinical Data technology strategy with the overall IT strategy.
- Serve as the technical authority for the initial design and implementation of the next generation clinical data platforms addressing both the business and technical requirements appropriately.
- Work with Vertex managed service providers to take over day-to-day maintenance and support activities.Ensure optimal on-going service performance of the solution through oversight and direction of managed services staff
- Serve as a technical authority on the new clinical data platform and lead all related projects; from minor system changes to major initiatives involving new implementations with complex data integrations.
As an individual you will demonstrate those essential characteristics of a strong performer in our organization:
- Business knowledge: Understand the business, the processes and regulatory environment under which they operate now and into the future. Develop the strategy to get to the future state
- Relationship management: Be responsible for the relationship with business partners, and lead the conversation to identify their needs, not necessarily their wants. Propose and lead efforts to deliver creative solutions to move to their future state, while delivering consistent communication to GIS and business management on progress.
- Technical literacy: as a technologist you “ know your craft”, based both on professional, hands on experience, and you are acquiring knowledge and experience in technology constantly. You have a good understanding of modern design patterns and current technologies (cloud, Datalake, AI, API, security...)
- Ability to deliver: simply put you get things done. You can balance the strategic and tactical aspect of your work and do not hesitate to dive in and work alongside your team to drive projects to success.
- A thorough understanding of the business processes and technology involved for clinical data acquisition, storage, analytics and submissions.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or scientific/engineering field, and 7+ years of relevant work experience.