1 Capitol Hill
| Fully Remote
Job Number: 20072
Position: Special Projects Manager (Research Partnerships)
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 Months
Our client is seeking a Special Projects Manager to ensure successful management of research partnerships with existing and new research partners in support of the state’s response and recovery activities, with an emphasis on health equity projects. This role includes interpretation, management, and oversight of the delivery of data requests and regular meetings to support the research partnerships. Knowledge and experience with research processes, data management, data quality assurance and contract management, along with prior experience with IRB processes.
Incumbent must be able to provide support a minimum of 35 hours a week, with ability to work rare evening shifts, weekends, and holidays as needed to support response requirements. Length of contract is expected to be 12 months minimum, dependent on response needs and funding availability.
Duties related to External Research Partners:
- Oversee, coordinate and collaborate with external research partners requesting line level data to complete data request forms, Data Use Agreements and Institutional Review Board (IRB) applications as required.
- Generate feedback on proposed research projects informed by knowledge of the breadth of COVID-19 data available from the team, and best practices for research methodology.
- Build and liaise relationships between the research partners and Quant team Epidemiologists to make sure what is requested is achievable with the data available and suggest alternatives when not.
- Coordinate epidemiologists on the preparation and delivery of requested data in accordance with data sharing agreements. Provide oversight and QC on the preparation of data sets.
- Manage and track status of all external data requests, and ongoing research collaborations.
- Direct meetings with research partners including: confirm agenda with stakeholders, own multiple meeting invites, compile notes and action items for meetings and facilitate as needed.
- Consult in a designated Program, unit, workstream, process or special projects to plan, organize and execute a wide variety of activities to achieve stated outcomes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Additional Responsibilities May Include:
- Create and maintain communications with external research partners on contract modification paperwork and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Establish and manage project plans, timelines, resources (people, financial, infrastructure and other), reports progress, in coordination with research partners and escalates issues.
- Quickly navigate contractual agreements to assist leadership on decisions about appropriate budget and scope of work for contracted research support.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of research processes and activities.
- Solid understanding of best practices in academic public health research.
- Experience managing and reviewing the analytic work of others.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Teams, SharePoint.
- Intermediate understanding of contracts, contract modification process and grant funding.
- Facilitation and process management.
- Communications (verbal, written, presentation, materials, unique approaches.)
- Assessment and problem solving.
Education and Experience
Queen Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to promote an environment that helps our employees and clients appreciate the benefits that diversity provides.
- Required: Master’s Degree in public health, Psychology, Epidemiology, or similar health-related field required. In lieu of degree, equivalent education and/or experience may be considered.
- 3-5 years of public health research experience, and 2+ years’ experience in research administration or relevant experience.
- At least three years of SAS programming experience (not including coursework.)
- Team and data management experience including experience with handling data requests and submitting IRB documents.