Sr Data Scientist
920 Winter Street Greater Boston Area, Massachusetts 02451
Position Title: Sr Data Scientist
Job Location: Greater Boston area
Interview Expectations: onsite
Local Candidate: required
Required Skill Sets: Data Science, healthcare, R, SAS, Hadoop
As Senior Data Scientist, you participate in the operational activities involved in the planning, conduct, and completion of data science projects in the enterprise.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Conducts advanced data analysis and complex designs algorithm.
- Identifies what data is available and relevant, including internal and external data sources, leveraging new data collection processes
- Identifies and analyzes patterns in the volume of data supporting the initiative, the type of data (e.g., images, text, clickstream or metering data) and the speed or sudden variations in data collection.
- Partners with the data stewards to define the data quality expectation in the context of the specific use case.
- Recommends ongoing improvements to methods and algorithms that lead to findings, including new information.
- Develop ideas into original research projects which can significantly improve clinical practice
- Develop product and process improvement into an intellectual property format.
- Analyze all data using various data analysis software and/or applying quantitative methods, resolve data discrepancies, draw conclusions, and provide/implement process or documents improvements.
- Contribute to the definition and timely achievement of overall project goals. Make recommendations, and when appropriate, acts independently to resolve scientific problems encountered during experimental procedures to improve productivity of results. Ensure activities are consistent with project critical path, and respond appropriately to changing priorities.
- Present findings at international conferences and locally at group and departmental meetings.
- Keep informed of trends and developments in area of scientific responsibility and improve competence by participating in educational activities.
- Ability to work on issues that impact or address future concepts, products or technologies.
- Ability to network with key decision makers.
Advanced Degree in epidemiology, public health, statistics, data analysis or similar preferred; or Bachelor’ s Degree with equivalent work experience
Working knowledge in R, Python, SAS
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 3-5 years of relevant quantitative and qualitative research and analytics experience.
- Solid knowledge of statistical techniques.
- The ability to come up with solutions to loosely defined problems by leveraging pattern detection over potentially large datasets.
- Strong programming skills (such as Hadoop or other big data frameworks, Java), and statistical modeling (like SAS or R).
- Experience using machine learning algorithms.
- Proficiency in the use of statistical packages.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for interacting with physicians, nurses, management, and peers.
- Ability to clearly summarize methodology and key points of program/report in technical documentation/specifications is also required.
- Strong knowledge of outcomes research and analysis of health quality data.
- Ability to work independently without day-to-day supervision or the use of templates.
- Knowledge of clinical data and dialysis industry.