Sr Enterprise Systems Engineer - Tibco
32 Hartwell Ave Greater Boston Area, Massachusetts 02421
Position Title: Sr Enterprise Systems Engineer – Tibco
Job Location: Greater Boston area
Interview Expectations: onsite
Local Candidate: not required
Required Skill Sets: Tibco Sys Admin
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for deploying and maintaining applications and environments that utilize automation, orchestration and monitoring toolsets. Oversee aspects of infrastructure integration, including configuration of new and existing systems on multiple platforms.
- Install, Administer, monitor, maintain HEP TIBCO 6.x environments.
- Performance tune BW 6.x and EMS 8.x environments.
- Write hawk rules for monitoring BW, EMS and other custom database/server parameters.
- Deploy and manage ear files in BW 6.x environments.
- Write shell scripts to manage and maintain the Linux environments.
- Upgrade HEP environments with patches, hotfixes, major and minor versions.
- 24 x 7 Oncall support for HEP specific Administration functionalities.
- Setup and manage EMS security, EMS destinations, bridging and routing.
- Setup TIBCO EMS in Fault Tolerance and Load balanced modes.
- Setup and manage Certificates in HEP TIBCO environments with and without using Venafi.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs the installation, design and tuning of operating system/hypervisor, hardware, and all related peripherals.
- Automate, facilitate and manage virtualized workloads in internal and external clouds.
- Operate in a small, dedicated, focused team.
- Operate in a very entrepreneurial manner with extreme customer focus.
- Automate provisioning, deployment and configuration of virtual infrastructure.
- Monitor and administer servers in cloud and on premise.
- Improve infrastructure and processes for higher levels of availability and scalability.
- Co-develop solutions with the business groups/development teams.
- Act as a liaison between our customers and support teams.
- Ensure that customer deployed environments are secure and consistent.
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- May provide assistance to junior level staff with more complex tasks that require a higher level of understanding of functions.
- May escalate issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Mentor other staff as applicable.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasionally lifts/carries object and materials weighing +30 pounds
Bachelor’ s Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5 – 8 years’ related experience; or a Master’ s degree with 3 years’ experience; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- Proven experience designing, deploying or operating virtualized applications/infrastructure in a public/private cloud environment.
- Experience in applicable operating system/hypervisor, applications, and networking protocols.
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve under pressure.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills