Sr Product Owner
32 Hartwell Ave Greater Boston Area, Massachusetts 02421
Position Title: Product Owner
Job Location: Greater Boston area
Interview Expectations: onsite
Local Candidate: yes
Required Skill Sets: Product Owner, App Dev
Our team is in need of a Product Owner to manage a backlog of FHIR APIs to be used for SMART Application development as well as System Interoperability. We are looking for an experienced thinker with high attention to detail, and strong execution and project delivery skills.
The role of the Product Owner is to work with IT and business partners to gather, understand, and refine business requirements for value-added solutions using our FHIR Product stack. In this position, you will have a direct role in defining the product vision and driving continuous product innovation to deliver solutions using the FHIR standard to enable internal application development using SMART on FHIR and exchange of health data with external organizations. By understanding user personas, business flows and combining market analysis, end-user feedback, and software development knowledge, you will be able to digitize business needs, establish and maintain a solution roadmap that supports our other product roadmap and is based on the FHIR standards.
As with the strategic aspects of this role, the Product Owner will be responsible for creating user stories, process flows, functional requirement specifications, data integration standard based on FHIR, to support the design and development of solutions that that use a SOA based System and Application development. Strong collaboration with both end users, solutions partners, and technical developers is vital for this role, along with the ability to define end-to-end workflows and manage acceptance testing. This position will play a key role in leading cross-functional teams to ensure that the company’ s tactical and strategic objectives are met.
- Define and execute a product roadmap focused on FHIR API capabilities.
- Participate in FHIR standards committees as needed to ensure our Roadmap is supported through FHIR core specifications.
- Engage with internal partners to define and adopt FHIR as a Canonical Data Model.
- Engage with product development within an agile environment, specifically writing user stories, acceptance criteria, experience design.
- Engage with business and product leaders to manage the backlog and user story priorities.
- Analyze and document internal complex business requirements and processes; construct conceptual data and process models, including data dictionaries and volume estimates to communicate requirements.
- Create business and technical oriented documentation to enable software development
- Successfully manage User Acceptance Testing prior to the delivery of new features and projects.
- Develop presentations and communications materials, share, educate and evangelize with IT and business teams.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in a product owner or system integrator role within the software industry.
- Minimum 2 years experience working with FHIR standards, resources, and associated integration concepts.
- Knowledge of healthcare standards and protocols, such as CCDA, HL7, IHE, RxNorm, SNOMED, ICD.
- Knowledge of software systems, web application technologies, citizen integration models, REST APIs, Event driven paradigms, OAuth based security.
- Ability to work independently with directional guidance from leadership.
- An ability to meet commitments, build consensus, negotiate resolutions, and garner respect from other teams.
- Experience soliciting, gathering, and analyzing user input and requirements.
- Experience documenting user stories and creating to-be process flow diagrams.
- Experience collaborating with senior business stakeholders.
- Candidate must have either a business or an engineering bachelor’ s degree, with an advanced technical degree a plus.
- Experience working with Agile software development methodology, working with Scrum teams, and experience using an Agile project management tool such as JIRA Agile,
- Strong technology systems background
- Experience working with Agile software development methodology
- Experience with using JIRA Agile software or comparable tool
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to interpret data to drive business decisions
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Must be comfortable with technology and willing to learn new technology tools and experiences
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to interpret data to drive business decisions.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must be a self-starter
- Must be a critical thinker and self-starter who is comfortable with autonomy.