Sr Project Manager
1 Capitol Hill Providence, Rhode Island 02908
Position Title: Sr Project Manager
Job Location: Providence, RI
Interview Expectations: onsite
Local Candidate: yes
Required Skill Sets: IT, SDLC, PMP preferred
This company is seeking an IT Project Manager to oversee the application of project management methodology during all phases of the project cycle, with responsibilities that include project design, scope management, cost control, quality and performance reporting.
- Develop, track and manage project budget, project plans, timelines and scope.
- Manage project resources including procuring project staff, developing, motivating, coaching and advising. Partner closely with other members of functional project teams to define business requirements.
- Lead teams of developers in the delivery of high-quality software solutions that meet business needs.
- Define test plans and ensure that products are defect free before User Acceptance Testing.
- Facilitate the User Acceptance Testing process, developing rollout plans and procedures. Prepare and present cost-benefit analyses.
- Ensure appropriate systems development and project management processes are being utilized. Make presentations to steering committees or project sponsors.
- Bachelor' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
- MBA or other related advanced degree preferred. PMP or PMI certification preferred.
- 10+ years IT experience. 5-7 years Project Management experience.
- People management and team building skills.
- Experience in a large enterprise scale IT environment.
- Must have experience leading large strategic programs.
- Financial and budgetary experience.
- Vendor relations
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities.
- Proven ability to learn business processes quickly and to work well with business partners at different levels within the organization.
- Strong ability to assess risk and apply management principles to technology applications/products and business functions.
- Experience delivering technology and business application solutions in a large-scale, multi-platform systems environment.