Sr Software Engineer (Platform Analytics)
20 Channel Center St. Boston, Massachusetts 02210
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer (Platform Analytics)
Job Location: Boston, MA
Interview Expectations: Phone & in-person
Local Candidate: yes
Required Skill Sets: Python & SQL development experience. Familiar with AWS.
Working in a highly reciprocal, multi-functional Agile environment, this development role is responsible for building and maintaining our underlying Platform Analytics cloud services. This enterprise-grade best of breed solution is essential to our instructors, students, management, internal development and operations teams. With a primary focus on Java, Java Script, Python, SQL development with public and custom libraries on both locally hosted servers and in the cloud using the several AWS services. In this role, you will have the opportunity to own the next wave of improvements using new technologies and trends.
- You will work as a software engineer and technical leader in a reciprocal environment with passion, ownership and dedication.
- You will continuously learn and grow with industry-leading practices, processes, and technologies
- You will work with deep learning and cognitive networks to build adaptive learning capabilities
- You will operate in the AWS cloud on Linux based systems
- You will develop and maintain services in python and java and scala
- Grow and contribute to a Service Oriented Architecture in an enterprise environment
- Learn and champion software development standard methodologies such as Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Performance testing
- Good communicator and collaborator
- Work with various Java development and continuous integration frameworks such as JUnit, Jenkins, Git, Sonar, Maven, and Gatling / JMeter
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience
- 7+ years working on Core Java projects using and IDE such as Eclipse or IntelliJ
- Experience working with Java Web Application containers such as Tomcat or Karaf
- Experience using source code control systems, including Git, Stash, Subversion, or CVS and build/integration tools like Maven and Jenkins.
- Excited by complex algorithms and object-oriented programming
- Experience with one or more database systems, such as MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra
- Understanding of the full SDLC
- Technical leadership experience or a desire to be one
- Familiarity with Pytest, JUnit and RESTful web services
- Familiarity with machine learning
- Familiarity Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with Python, SQL and Java,
- Participates in open source projects
- Experience with a variety of software development applications, environments, and languages