Sr UI Software Engineer
20 Channel Center St. Farmington Hills, Michigan 02210
Position Title: Sr UI Software Engineer
Job Location: Farmington Hills, MI or Boston, MA
Interview Expectations: Phone & in-person
Local Candidate: yes
In this senior development role, you will be responsible for leading, transforming and maintaining the point of entry for students and instructors! You and your time will provide a unified experience that supports student enrollments, courses launches, course creation by instructors as well as strategic partner offerings across our user base.
If you want to work on a creative team with varied strengths, this is the place for you. We invest in our people. As an example of the kind of culture you can expect here, we send all of our engineering new hires to an outstanding 3-day orientation in Boston where they see presentations from the entire C-level leadership team, and a team-building event where the team cooks dinner together along with one of our senior executives.
- Own the UI team in a reciprocal environment with passion, ownership and dedication.
- Migrate the front end framework from Angular, Traverson and Gulp to a React-based single page app while gaining familiarity with a Java-based semantic backend
- Collaborate with the UX and Architecture teams to make key UI design decisions while also considering standard methodologies such as Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Performance testing
- Continuously learn and grow with industry-leading practices, processes, and technologies
- Work with the AWS cloud on Linux based systems
- Grow and give to a Service Oriented Architecture in an enterprise environment
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience
- Experience working with Angular or React
- Experience using source code control systems, such as Git and Stash
- Understanding of modules and module loading
- Familiarity with Jasmine/Karma
- Familiarity with Java 8 and Spring Boot
- Participates in open source projects
- Experience with a variety of software development applications, environments, and languages