Sr Virtualization Engineer - VMWare / Cloud
32 Hartwell Ave Greater Boston Area, Massachusetts 02421
Position: Virtualization Engineer with VMWare and Cloud
Location: Greater Boston Area
Interview: Phone and In Person Required!
Virtualization Engineer VMWare/Cloud Focus:
- Experience installing, configuring and supporting VMware vSphere / vCenter Server 6.x in a production environment (experience with VMware vSphere 6.5 a plus)
- Knowledge of resolving VMware Networking and Storage related issues.
- Knowledge of patching / updating VMware vSphere Host servers with VMware Update Manager
- Experience troubleshooting issues with VMware hosts and vCenter servers.
- Experience troubleshooting performance issues using monitoring tools (VMware Operations Manager or Solar winds)
- Experience with Hyper-Converged products such as HPE Simplivity servers is a plus.
- Experience working with HP Rack Mount and Blade servers.
- Experience working with Public Cloud (MS Azure or Amazon Web Services).
- Experience working with VMware NSX or Network Insight a plus.
- Experience supporting Citrix Netscaler Appliances.
- Experience supporting Citrix XenDesktop 7.12.
- VMware or Citrix Certification are a plus
- Willing to participate in the weekly on-call rotation to provide off-hours support.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
- Responsible for deploying and maintaining applications and environments that utilize automation, orchestration and monitoring toolsets. Oversee aspects of infrastructure integration, including configuration of new and existing systems on multiple platforms.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs the installation, design and tuning of operating system/hypervisor, hardware, and all related peripherals.
- Automate, facilitate and manage virtualized workloads in internal and external clouds.
- Operate in a small, dedicated, focused team.
- Operate in a very entrepreneurial manner with extreme customer focus.
- Automate provisioning, deployment and configuration of virtual infrastructure.
- Monitor and administer servers in cloud and on premise.
- Improve infrastructure and processes for higher levels of availability and scalability.
- Co-develop solutions with the business groups/development teams.
- Act as a liaison between our customers and support teams.
- Ensure that customer deployed environments are secure and consistent.
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- May provide assistance to junior level staff with more complex tasks that require a higher level of understanding of functions.
- May escalate issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Mentor other staff as applicable.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.