Sr. Application Developer (Contract)
12447 Network Blvd (in the Oaks IV Business Park), Suite 125 San Antonio, Texas 78249
Position Title: Sr. Application Developer
Job Location: San Antonio, TX
Interview Expectations: phone, web & on-site
Local Candidate: preferred
Required Skill Sets: Strong .Net & C# experience. SQL skills preferred (SSIS, SSRS)
The Senior Applications Developer analyzes, develops, and implements computer application enhancements for end-users. This position develops supports, maintains, enhances, and documents applications. This position mentors junior level Information Technology Applications Development staff and develops best practices, ensures quality of application code development, and assists the Lead Application Developer plan for and implements new and improved existing applications and other technology.
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyzes, develops, and implements computer application enhancements for end users.
- Performs all tasks in the development life cycle including requirements analysis, design, development, and testing.
- Supports existing applications including developing fixes as necessary and providing support for complex issues.
- Gathers, understands, and documents user requirements and technical specifications. Follows all software requirements development standards.
- Utilizes available programming methodologies and languages and adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques while contributing to the technical code documentation.
- Creates and helps maintain technical and end-user documentation for new and existing applications.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’ s degree in a related, technical field required. (4 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’ s degree).
- Minimum of 5 years of systems design and applications development experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft application development tools including one or more of the following: .Net Framework, Visual Studio, C#, Visual Basic, Microsoft Office Applications, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Reporting and Integration Services, etc.
- Ability to plan, implement, test, and troubleshoot complex technology, software, and system solutions.
- Ability to effectively work with people in other departments and/or outside of the enterprise.
Preferred Education, Experience & Skills
- MCSE certification.
- Experience working in a Medicare, health plan or physician group environment.
- Experience with electronic medical records (EMR) and healthcare information exchange (HIE) technologies.
- Ability to review, critique, and perform analysis and design of systems and/or programs.
- Ability to generate and test program code utilizing Microsoft technologies. Experience with established peer review and quality assurance processes and willingness to lead such activities.
- Ability and proven experience documenting application program code (technical documentation) and application functionality (end-user documentation for business users).
- Ability to mentor other developers and develop/document best practices and other processes.