Sr. Application Developer
200 Narragansett Park Drive Pawtucket, RI
Position Title: Sr. Application Developer
Job Location: Pawtucket, RI
Interview Expectations: phone & in-person
Local Candidate: yes
Required Skill Sets: Experienced Application Developer. Sharepoint experience preferred. Familiar with O365, Flow, Powerapps, Forms.
Our client is looking for a Senior Application Developer to be responsible for delivering the organization’ s Work Better initiatives. This person will partner with business areas to understand their collaboration needs, offering consulting services on use of existing tools (primarily O365) and building bespoke solutions using Enterprise Architecture approved technologies.
Under the general direction of the Director of Collaboration Management, you will focus on the following areas:
- Lead an organization by creating and sustaining an ecosystem where every person is contributing at their highest possible level. Deliver on this through managing 4 key behaviors: great process, continuous learning, making great mistakes and accountability.
- Establish and deliver services through a defined framework of internal consulting and collaboration technical solutions.
- Establish relationships and expertise in the various business domain areas with the goal of proactively identifying opportunities to deliver collaboration solutions.
- Lead projects and initiatives independently with little oversight.
- Deliver on time and on budget the Adoption of Technology organizational priorities.
- Partner across the IT organization to leverage internal shared services (scrum, project management, business analysis, QA, digital asset management, advanced analytics, etc); proactively communicate expected need of these disciplines to aid in planning.
- Support the customer focus and data driven strategies in Adoption of Technology through planning and action on your team.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Be the subject matter expert at the organization on the latest innovations and applications of collaboration solutions, identify practical and impactful applications and partner with Enterprise Architecture and IT Security in the selection of new technologies.
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer science, business administration, engineering or a related discipline. Masters degree preferred.
- 5-10 years of IS experience or related experience in application development, collaboration and web technologies; prototyping and iterative development
- Strong internal consulting experience, adept at developing partnerships and a deep understanding of business need
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; expertise in setting and managing delivery expectations
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Sharepoint, O365 and web application development technologies
- Experience with Azure web apps, Bots, Powerapps a plus.
- Experience with various modern development methodologies, waterfall through agile
- Scrum experience a plus
- Technical writing and editing skills desirable (e.g., technical specifications, help documentation, product documentation)
- Ability to travel, approximately 15%