Sr. BI Business Systems Analyst
900 Chelmsford St, Lowell, MA 01851
The Business Intelligence DW Analyst will act as a liaison between Kronos’ s business divisions, functional IT teams and the Business Intelligence team. This analyst will lead report requirements gathering with key stakeholders within business verticals. This role is ideal for an individual seeking to provide impactful intelligence to support Kronos’ s strategic decisions at the executive level.
- Working with other members of IT, lead report requirements gathering with key stakeholders within business verticals.
- Become an expert in business processes and the applications used by the business to drive key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Translate analytics/reporting business requirements into detailed technical design’ s, ensuring scalable and efficient solutions.
- Work in conjunction with IT Service Team Leads to align with the business on prioritization of solution work, providing detailed communication on scheduled progress, testing and release of project work.
- Collaborate with Finance, Configure Price Quote, Sales/Marketing, Professional Services, Customer Support and IT service teams in the requirements, design, testing and deployment of the organization' s data warehousing and reporting solutions
- Manage the integrity, structure, and organization of Kronos data to maximize its value and accuracy
- Own the development and overall maintenance of technical design documents, including summary, system design, data linage, change controls and signoff
- Develop well-organized, insightful data points, reports, dashboards, and other forms of data visualizations to support strategic business decisions, primarily through an Enterprise Data Warehouse and reporting platform
- Provide input on architecture of Data Model and ETL processes based on business requirements and in-depth knowledge of data sources
- Perform analysis on business performance and trends
- Provide instructor led training and support to end users on navigation of the BI system
- Lead technical “ Lunch and Learn” conference sessions on latest functionality added to the Enterprise Warehouse
- Bachelor’ s degree in a quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics/Statistics) or another related major field of study
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a data warehousing
- Demonstrated analytical and project management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into technical requirements
- Understanding of data warehousing concepts and relational data models
- Understanding of ETL tools (preferably Informatica) and data transformation
- Experience with leading Business Intelligence tools such as IBM Cognos, Microsoft PowerBI & Tableau
- Demonstrated experience with creating reports, dashboards, and/or summarizing large amounts of data into actionable intelligence to drive business decisions
- Exposure to Salesforce, Oracle EBS
- Demonstrated hands-on experience using SQL and PL/SQL for performing data profiling, formatting and ad-hoc data analysis
- Experience working in an Agile Project Management methodology