Sr. Data Warehouse Developer
County Hwy-3 Meliville, New york 11747
JOB TITLE: SENIOR DATA WAREHOUSE DEVELOPER:
Please note the updated location for this role:
400 E Main St, Mt Kisco, NY 10549
POSITION SUMMARY Designs, develops and implements complex Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) procedures to feed data into the Enterprise Data Repository from disparate clinical and non-clinical data sources. Collaborates with management to regarding data warehousing and BI system requirements. Ensures technical specifications and extracted information meets all business requirements of the organization and the end-users.
.1 Knowledge of and hands-on experience in Meditech: data extracts, data structures, reporting
2. Designs, develops and implements complex Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) procedures.
3. Strong SSIS skills, use of TFS, Visual Studio.
4. Knowledge of IBM Datastage is a big plus.
5. Implements business rules via stored procedures, middleware or other technologies.
6. Maps data between source systems, data warehouse and data marts.
7. Writes new programs or modifies existing to meet project requirements.
8. Performs system analysis, data analysis or programming.
9. Selects methods, techniques or criteria for data warehousing evaluation procedures. Verifies structure, accuracy and quality of warehouse data.
10. Investigates and tests new software solutions or products, as necessary.
11. Provides mentoring and coaching to team members and affiliated teams, as needed.
12. Reviews and provides guidance to the development team and recommendations to optimize the data extraction and loading using ETL jobs.
13. Develops and implements corrections and improvements according to change requests.
14. Collaborates and works with multiple technical and business units to resolve support issues.
15. Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related technical field
• Minimum ten (10) years of experience in the design, development and implementation of databases/data warehouses.
• Extensive experience with enterprise level ETL tools.
• Strong understanding of ETL design and development such as direct-path loading and parallel SQL.
• Must have extensive experience in SSIS. Knowledge of TFS, Visual Studio, comfortable with all aspects of SSIS programming
• Datastage or Informatica a big plus
• Strong understanding of data warehouse concepts and architecture. Understanding of star/snowflake schema design; dimension and fact tables.
• Strong understanding of Oracle and SQL Server database architecture
• Understanding of data modeling and design including partitioning, indexing, constraints and optimizer statistics.
• Experience with development methodologies such as Agile.
• Full life cycle experience (requirements gathering through production deployment) in all aspects of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing.
• Analytic, process flow, problem solving, communication, customer service, organization skills, required.
• Knowledge of Health Industry and Healthcare Data Exchange Standards (HL7, CCD), preferred.
• Knowledge of web services (SOAP, REST), preferred.