Sr. Manager, Enterprise Systems - Infrastructure
32 Hartwell Ave Greater Boston Area, Massachusetts 02421
Position: Sr. Manager, Enterprise Systems - Infrastructure
Location: Greater Boston Area, MA
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Execute technology strategies, policies and procedures. Successfully implement technology-based systems to carry out the Company’ s mission, strategic goals, and business plan. Provide expertise in a variety of IT concepts, practices, and procedures while providing leadership and management of direct reports from diverse Information Technology fields and business partners.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the tactical execution of short- and long-term objectives through the coordination of activities with a direct responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and staffing.
- Convey highly complex ideas, issues and designs. Facilitate the successful execution of the strategic vision. Lead the development and execution of a comprehensive technical services strategy.
- Create and manage software development project plans, including strategic planning, milestones and roadmaps. Involved in the development, modification and execution of company policies that affect immediate operations with potential company-wide effect. Implements strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Manage broad activities of the business units through the interpretation, application and implementation of company-wide policies and processes appropriate to the functional areas.
- Strategic leader with broad-based knowledge in individual departments, and strong knowledge of industry practice and business principles. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
- Evaluate and recommend information systems strategies to members of management.
- Review and recommend priorities for new applications, application changes/enhancements, including technology recommendations.
- Provide overall direction and guidance to assigned project managers and staff in the design, development, maintenance, disaster recovery and enhancements of business applications and related technologies.
- Ensure appropriate documentation and training of business users, and operational control and security of all local and remote users.
- Prepare management activity and progress reports on all department systems analysis and programming activities.
- Reviews objectives to determine the success of the operation. Manages the activities and operations of two or more departments, directly impacting a specific functional area. Establishes operational objectives and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
- Generally manages department budget and day-to-day functions. Develops budgets, schedules and performance standards. Exercises supervision in terms of costs, methods, and staffing.
- Interacts frequently with internal departments and external customers/vendors; particularly in problem resolution. Responsible for hiring, coaching and counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action and terminations.
- Provide technical guidance.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of Enterprise Systems staff.
Bachelor’ s Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 6 – 8 years’ related experience.
- 3+ years’ experience as a Manager preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage one or more departments.
- Extensive experience with technical issues in large, complex, widely deployed, multi-tiered applications.
- Experience with application development and software development life cycle methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for interaction with personnel both within and outside the company and at all levels including ability to effectively communicate with sometimes demanding clients.
- Proven applications and technical knowledge, including relevant hardware and software systems of a large-scale enterprise systems.
- Proven leadership, organizational, and planning skills.
- Application management and development expertise.
- An ability to negotiate vendor product features, functions, and schedules, on behalf of the company.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.