Sr. Product Manager
920 Winter St Greater Boston Area, Massachusetts 02451
Position: Sr. Product Manager
Location: Greater Boston Area
Type: Full Time
Must be able to sit onsite
Must be able to interview in person
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for managing and delivery of products/services through the full lifecycle: gathering and prioritizing customer requirements; defining the product/service vision; working cross-functionally within the organization and externally to deliver services to the market; and, ensuring that revenue, profit and customer satisfaction goals are met. Act as a general manager to ensure that the product/service supports the company’ s overall strategy and goals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in defining the vision for new products and services, drive the development process from ideation to commercialization and inform the roadmap for the evolution of products and services.
- Create business cases, PRDs, MRDs and other documentation for new offerings to support the development process and secure key stakeholder sponsorship.
- Drive the innovation agenda by helping to promote and accelerate the ideation process for new product and service ideas.
- Help define new clinical and non-clinical processes and workflows, including development of new patient care standards, policies, procedures, and protocols to support new product / service offerings.
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Business Development to define the core positioning and messaging for the product(s).
- Perform product demos to internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop data collection plans for tracking metrics during alpha and beta testing and post-launch.
- Coordinate with the Business Development team to develop and implement sales tools and collateral.
- Develop a comprehensive go-to-market process with Sales, Marketing and Operations. Collaborate with Marketing to create messaging/positioning/campaigns/collateral that accurately reflects the features and benefits of new and existing service offerings. Ensure the successful implementation of this process.
- Regularly update Business Development, Client Services and other cross-functional teams as needed.
- Conduct market research to define and identify use cases and unmet needs of existing and potential customers and to establish business requirements.
- May provide assistance to junior level staff with more complex tasks that require a higher level of understanding.
- May escalate issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as necessary.
- Mentor other staff as applicable.
- Assist with various projects and analysis as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’ s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field required; Advanced Degree preferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 8 – 12 years’ related experience; or a Master’ s degree with 6 years’ experience; or a PhD with 3 years’ experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- Experience in Health Care Services preferred.
- Proficient with PCs, Microsoft Office applications and MS Project (desired).
- Experience with implementing CRM systems, particularly Salesforce strongly preferred.
- Analytical and problem solving ability, excellent interpersonal and communications skills, creativity and business acumen, multi-tasking and project management skills.
- Demonstrated track record of success and career progression.
- Execution mind-set.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced and demanding work context.
- Previous experience in healthcare preferred but not required.