Sr. Technology Solutions Partner
20 Channel Center St. Boston, MA 02210
Position Title: Sr. Technology Solutions Partner
Job Location: Boston, MA
Interview Expectations: Phone & in-person
Local Candidate: yes
Required Skill Sets: Agile, prior consulting experience & familiar with marketing strategies
The Technology Solutions Partners (TSP) role, within Global Technology Solutions (GTS), will pioneer solutions that enable the business to further transform the way people learn. This includes defining, owning, and leading cross-functional efforts to analyze, identify, define, and execute on business system & infrastructure needs that will enable and support the evolution of the Higher Education business. This is a high impact, high visibility team that is tasked with evolving the technology foundation on which we build the future of education on an ongoing basis. Collaborating with the best of the best, you will feel challenged and inspired to do breakthrough work.
- Know the Internal Business Customer:
- Know their workflows, needs, value drivers, decision making process, and unstated intent and goals.
- Identify the key users who will drive or enable business growth
- Understand the role of the systems they use and how emerging technology can enable their drivers and goals
- Know the market:
- Understand the market, the products, major course areas, our competitors, and the route to market.
- Know our business:
- Understand our business context – mission, strategy, competitive differentiators, activations, sell through, sources of activations growth, business resources.
- Understand and articulate the Higher Ed Strategy and how that works translates to the day to day operation of Higher Ed
- Make bold business decisions:
- Make/enable decisions that will move Higher Ed forward while understanding the business risks associated with them and implications for all other stakeholders (Platform, Marketing, Sales, Finance, Legal, HR, Engineering, Architects etc.).
- Clearly balance the ' reusability/scale' considerations with decisions that delivery value for the specific priority discipline/program at hand
- Actively manage the technology risk, debt, and non-functional requirements as part of the business roadmap
- Be an Integrator:
- Lead cross-functionally at all levels. Push information and drive understanding of the strategy and path of execution.
- Maintain an open and updated and prioritized backlog that has a clearly understandable set of user intent / value stories
- Understand and own decisions that impact other stakeholders and users
- Know our platforms and systems:
- Demonstrate foundational understanding of our systems and architecture – importantly how they impact our decision-making process.
- Understand the overall business technology roadmap and how the business operates (i.e. macro business processes).
- Communicate vision, strategy, and business value effectively to technical team & stakeholders
- Own and Lead the digital delivery process:
- Understand the overall process and their role in the ‘ idea to build’ process.
- Manage, prioritize and execute on the program roadmap through detailed requirements and excellent cross functional communication with Engineering, Architecture, QA, TSPs, and other Technical Product Management team members
- Make time personally and for the team to invest in planning the next build cycle during the current build cycle
- Communicates vision, strategy, and business value effectively to program team & stakeholders
- Define, execute, & deliver on Technology Solutions to Business Problem
- Maintain a clearly documented articulation of ' the why' and makes sure that the user imperative and goal of each requirement is understood by the team and relevant stakeholders
- Effectively manage and groom backlog, with sufficient lead time for team to plan the work
- Consistently deliver planned roadmap value
- Proactively manage interdependencies across teams
- BA/BS degree.
- 5+ years related experience.
- Has prior experience in a role or position responsible for product/program/project management in a technical environment supporting a Marketing organization
- Demonstrated success with conducting data analysis and applying findings to support actionable recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and critically to identify new opportunities to quantifiably impact organizational change.
- Demonstrated writing and verbal presentation skills enabling her/him to prepare and present (often complex) information and recommendations to a diverse and often senior audience.
- Collaborative problem solving and working style to drive change through influence.
- Able to self-manage progress against milestones and deliverables with a high degree of accountability and personal urgency.
- Experienced with business case creation and validation.
- Is adept at identifying, prioritizing and articulating needs and requirements to meet those needs.
- Is customer focused and has a strong service and solutions orientation.
- Deep expertise in Marketing and intersection of Marketing and Technology.
- Experience in Marketing (lead generation, ad campaign, community platforms, etc.) technology.
- Experience working with Web CMS and eCommerce technology.
- Familiarity with modern B2B and B2C Marketing approaches and implications on technology needs (e.g., campaign attribution/ROI, demand waterfall, marketing automation and progressive profiling, persona-based Marketing, account-based marketing).
- Experience working with Marketing Analytics and Operations teams to identify processes and analytical approaches that unlock insights from data and technology.
- Understand web data and tracking approaches and platforms.
- Experience working in, or supporting businesses operating in, International markets – specifically, EMEA, Asia/Australia, and Latin America.
- Direct experience in the Higher Ed market & Product Development process.
- Direct experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience in Sales (CRM, data warehouse, sales efficiency tools, etc.) technology.
- Understand database design principles and experience architecting data structures to meet needs of Marketing organizations.
- Experience partnering with Business Unit leadership to align strategy with technology roadmap
- Experience with foundational business management metrics and financial practices
- Strong account and client management experience