Staff Software Engineer
Greater Boston Area, Massachussetts
Location: Greater Boston Area
Type: Direct Hire
Interview: Phone and In Person
Our work is dedicated to protecting, supporting and saving lives. We are looking for a talented individual to join our patient monitoring team to help deliver new features and product enhancements that will improve patient outcomes and reduce the cost of medical care around the world. This position is responsible for product software architecture, design, implementation, and test. This position establishes and enhances procedures to optimize development efficiency, SW quality, and product cost.
- Work within a team of engineers and test personnel to produce high quality deliverables during the design, implementation, integration, test and support phases of product development. Independently diagnose, debug and resolve defects. Provide technical leadership to development teams; write technical requirements (TSSR); implement designs from technical specifications; develop system architectures; provide technical documentation; translate designs into functional, tested software.
- Coordinate activities of other engineers and guide the successful, timely completion of SW modules and subsystems by setting clear goals, objectives
- Perform SW module unit test, SW subsystem test, and SW integration test to ensure correct SW operation and quality. Mentor others to ensure best testing practices are used consistently and evolve in accordance with changing technical product specifications
- Provide advanced system level support to clinical engineers, quality engineers, service engineers and test personnel by executing tests, reproducing defects, documenting defect analysis in defect tracking system(s).
- Contribute technical insight and expertise to program planning, strategic planning and department-wide process improvement initiatives .
- Assist in team building and mentoring junior engineers by providing on-going technical guidance, review and assessment of development assignments.
- Comply with all internal SOPs and FDA and industry regulations. Develop and/or improve development processes, procedures and protocols.
- Utilize and enhance the software configuration management system to correctly maintain SW files. Able to build SW and install SW in a development and product environment.
- Performs other duties as needed and assigned.
Education: BS Computer Science or Electrical Engineering required; MS Computer Science or Electrical Engineering preferred.
Related Experience: Minimum of 8 years previous experience in software design, analysis and trouble shooting in an engineering environment. Experience requiring technical leadership within an advanced software development environment. Experience with Agile software development techniques preferred. Medical Device Industry experience a plus.
Special Competencies or Certifications:
- Ability to function as a team member as well as independently
- Ability to mentor others and coordinate and delegate activities of others
- Ability to apply technical knowledge to departments improvements and planning
- Ability to develop system architecture
- Ability to maintain complex detailed records and reports
- Ability to work with Agile development methodologies