Strategic Product Manager - Practice Management
784 Melrose Ave Nashville, Tennessee 37204
Position: Strategic Product manager - Practice Management
Job Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Duration: 6 Months
The Strategic Product manager (SPM) helps to translate the company’ s vision and goals into actionable product roadmaps and outcomes. A blend of business and technical skill, a strategic mindset, and the drive and capability to understand the market and unmet needs of customers guides the SPM in creating and improving service offerings. An ability to work effectively across all functional areas of the organization, build alignment and establish structure within ambiguity are key success attributes of the SPM. The SPM possesses a strong entrepreneurial bent, demonstrate perseverance in the face of obstacles and leverage leadership skills to drive new services through every stage of the product management process from market needs assessment to solution design, development and launch.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES: CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Responsible for driving the culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains working relationships through effective and timely communication.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Act as the “ messenger of the market” from the outside-in to the rest of the organization.
- Analyze various market segments and collaborate with leadership to choose the best ones to pursue.
- Partner with the Delivery Product Manager (DPM) to develop and maintain product roadmap
- Partner with finance on business proposals for continued investment into your products.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders such as sales, marketing and operations to deliver go-to-market positioning
- Manage the entire product line life cycle from sunsetting legacy products to prototyping and testing new features/products and ideas.
- Drive buy-build-partner analysis, and where necessary, review potential partner relationships for the product.
- Know why we are winning and losing in the market, and drive changes to our product and processes to create improvement.
- Analyze competitive service offerings to identify potential differentiators and influence product policy decision-making.
- Partner with other business lines to analyze partnership opportunities for new and existing services and integrated solutions.
- Cultivate appropriate internal and external awareness among key management, stakeholders, customers and industry influencers. Enhance brand reputation and aspire to earn credibility as a thought leader and evangelist.
- Help champion the product management process across the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’ s level degree required.
- MBA or Master’ s degree in marketing, business or finance preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- Prior experience with product management discipline – pragmatic marketing certification is plus
- Experience as a product manager with a revenue cycle + health IT software bundled service provider – e.g.: Athena, Carecloud, eClinicalWorks
- Familiarity with physician practice / ambulatory setting market needs
- Tech savvy, strong communicator, strategic thinker
- 5+ years of marketing, development, sales, operations or product management experience.
- Effective customer and external facing interaction skills and experience. Leadership presence and communication.
- Strong knowledge of marketing, sales, and product management processes.
- Physician practice and familiarity with ambulatory setting required. Nephrology practice experience preferred.
- Tech savvy and passionate about building technology enabled products and services.
- Curious and comfortable holding professional conversations with our target buyers and users.
- Ability to develop productive relationships, collaborate cross-functionally and work effectively in a team context with senior level executives.
- Track record of using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize and drive decision-making.
- Strong project management, problem-solving, and analytical skills including financial analysis.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented and proactive.
- High degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced and demanding work context