Strategist Clinical Nursing Informatics
3 Huntington Quadrangle New Hyde Park, NY 11747
Position: Strategist Clinical Nursing Informatics
Location: New Hyde Park, NY
Partners with leadership and the clinical caregiver community to design and implement clinical information system projects and initiatives at both the department and enterprise level that are in alignment with the OCIO mission and vision. Works, overseeing clinical informatics specialists, to ensure that clinical systems enhance quality and patient safety, improve efficiency and support population health and patient engagement.
1. Collaborates with leaders of the OCIO, site IT leadership and all application teams in addition to clinical caregivers to design and implement clinical IT projects, systems and initiatives. Works to ensure design, implementation, maintenance, and optimization of clinical applications that support best practice and regulatory requirements.
2. Collaborates with leadership in the development of specifications to support the design of new or modified clinical applications and/or workflows to support exemplary clinical practice.
3. Oversees clinical informatics specialists on assigned projects in support of the above, as needed.
4. Collaborates closely with project managers for timely deliverables on all assigned projects.
5. Functions as a liaison between clinical and information technology staff, maintaining the voice of clinical caregivers at the sites in all project initiatives.
6. Analyzes clinical caregiver change requests and the existence of functionality to support the ability to complete these requests.
7. Seeks to promote an ongoing positive working relationship within and across all OCIO teams at all times.
8. Ensures systems are implemented to support health system initiatives and goals to improve the quality of patient care, maximize patient safety, enhance operational efficiencies and support population health initiatives & patient engagement.
9. Serves as a resource to the senior manager and director. Evaluates proposed projects and makes recommendations utilizing analytical and clinical skills to ensure high quality execution of all projects.
10. Demonstrates familiarity and understanding of all clinical information systems, including interfaces, and demonstrates expertise in applications within scope of assigned work.
11. Performs related duties, as required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Master’ s Degree in Nursing or other healthcare discipline, required.
• Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State, required, OR other healthcare discipline, as necessary.
• Minimum of five (5) years clinical practice experience including a minimum of three (3) years clinical information systems (EHR, EMR, CPOE) experience, required.
• Working familiarity with departmental applications, including interfaces, and demonstrated expertise in applications within scope of assigned work, required.
• Knowledge of national and local quality and regulatory standards (i.e. TJC, Magnet, DOH, NDNQI).
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Ability to interact professionally with clinicians and administrators.