920 Winter St Greater Boston Area, Massachusetts 02451
Position: Systems Architect
Location: Greater Boston Area
Type: Contract to Hire
Must be local - must be able to interview on site and work on site / no remote work
Required: strong design and architectural experience.
Someone with hands on real architecture experience that can step in and lead the solution.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Has wide-ranging experience, and uses professional concepts in developing resolution to critical issues and broad design matters.
- Responsible for leading translating of business objectives and requirements into architecture solutions, high level system specifications and lower level functional and interface specifications
- Works with development teams and partners to align execution with delivered specifications
- Drives designing the system architectures for medical therapy management systems and cloud service operation.
- Strong understanding of HIPAA, FDA Cybersecurity Guidance, IEC 62304 medical device software life cycle and FDA 510k process requirements
- Facilitates safety/hazard requirements at system level
- Resolution of interfaces and integration of different system components
- Actively works on MCND (Market and Customer Needs Document) together with Marketing
- Ensure proper technical content and feasibility of defined solutions
- Timely preparation of system architecture to express system components, interfaces and deployment models
- Authors technical specifications and socializes with development teams
- Leads preparation of the initial system risk analysis with the quality/risk team
- Works with both internal and external business partners and consultants on the overall user experience design and support the usability and human factors team.
- Provides architecture and system level support as a key subject matter expert to help the development team with software build and test processes
- Provides support for Connected Health services, product/vendor evaluations, hardware integration and production execution and commissioning. Contributes to architectural and design activities with focus on system integration (hardware & software), connectivity, usability, scalability, security and ongoing supportability of software components.
- Provides technical guidance and expertise to developers and team members on intended system
- Act as subject matter technology expert in the areas of IT systems and web and mobile (tablet, smartphone, wearables) based products.
- Participates in managing communication, dependencies and priorities across teams engaged in business analysis, engineering and QA, in different time-zones.
- Ensures system solution meets business requirements for high availability, reliability and performance of any hosted or patient / healthcare provider facing web applications and services.
- Collaborates with different IT and functional departments including infrastructure, program management, operational procedures and Quality Assurance.
- Provides regular updates to manager and project stakeholders regarding the status of the project.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 8 – 12 years’ related experience; or a Master’ s degree with 6 years’ experience; or a PhD with 3 years’ experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- 10+ years of related experience in product development with a focus on system architecture of medical devices/IT systems.
- 8+ years of experience developing web applications in a Linux/Unix environment. (JDK 1.5/1.6).
- Experience developing and maintaining connected solutions (examples: telemedicine, telehealth, medication adherence, personal emergency response services, home alarm systems)
- Demonstrates expertise in web 2.0 technologies, middleware, mobile technologies (tablets and phones) and is comfortable working across several disciplines. Possesses hands on expertise in .Net/Java EE and works comfortably with relational database technologies.
- Experience with web frameworks comparable to Struts, Spring MVC, Stripes etc.
- Experience building mobile applications preferred.
- Working knowledge of Bluetooth, Wi Fi and mobile cellular network architecture and implementation.
- Project management and team leadership experience; ability to work with team members both onsite and offshore. Strong mentoring abilities. Strong organization and prioritization skills. Exposure to Agile development processes
- Excellent technical aptitude with the ability to think independently. Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills. Experience in analyzing business requirements and producing detailed technical specs. Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Proven collaborative skills
- Attention to detail.
- Must be process oriented.
- Strong prioritization skills.
- Ability to identify alternative solutions/approaches to risks and issues.
- This position requires an extensive knowledge of multiple hardware and software environments and be able to work in complex heterogeneous systems environments.