Systems Engineer - Identity Management
50 Northern Avenue Boston, Massachusetts 02210
Position Title: Systems Engineer - Identity Management
Job Location: Boston, MA
Interview Expectations: onsite
Local Candidate: not required
Required Skill Sets: IAM
This person will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of the identity management systems. This person will consult with members of the technical and business communities to integrate new applications into the ecosystem. S/he will analyze and resolve complex software and hardware problems and ensure that the correct processes are followed in change management for tracking and reproducibility.
- Manage Identity and Access Management systems and work closely with IT and business units to ensure identity and access solutions meet or exceed security policies and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Design, develop and implement identity and access management security across infrastructure supporting role based access entitlements, schemes and definitions.
- Facilitate business process design as it relates to managing identities and access privileges such as architecture, delegated administration models, workflow models and access control models.
- Assist with the integration of new Splunk applications and the creation of custom Splunk dashboards.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Vertex management team.
- Experience implementing Single-Sign-On (SSO), SAML, and OAUTH2.0 solutions in large, enterprise environments.
- Must have hands-on experience managing one of the following Identity Management systems: SecureAuth, Microsoft ADFS, or Ping Identity.
- Must have 1-3 years supporting Microsoft Active Directory.
- Experience supporting SPLUNK is a plus.
- Understands the relationships between infrastructure devices
- (e.g. servers/firewalls/switches/etc.)
- Ability to work well with peers and all levels of management.
- Must be able to work independently and produce positive results.
- Pays strict attention to detail
- Very strong organizational, task management and prioritization skills
- Desire to learn new technologies.
- Understands importance of accuracy and responsiveness
- 3-5 years working in an IT organization
- Will be part of 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Excellent written skills
- Previous experience in an FDA regulated environment is a plus