| Fully Remote
Category: IT Infrastructure, IT Support
Job Number: 18637
Position: Systems Engineer
Job Type: Contract
Seeking to hire a Systems Engineer to install, configure, monitor, and administer computer systems that support the university' s administrative and academic needs. Implements and engineers new systems for the university, as required. Opportunity to take ownership of various systems and ‘put your mark on it’. Acts a high level support technician when needed. Responsible for the day-to-day operations including responding to trouble tickets, service requests and escalations. Interacts with internal customers in the IT department, helpdesk, and system administrators in other university departments.
Examples of Key Responsibilities:
- Manages central computer systems. Ensures system security, stability, and performance.
- Responsible for day to day operations including responding to service request tickets
- Implements new systems, programs and applications for the university as required.
- Designs and maintains new storage and information systems to support academic and administrative needs.
- Responsible for providing support and advice to system administrators in other departments.
Educations & Work Experience:
- B.A./B.S. preferred.
- Work Experience: 1-3 years related work experience
Must have demonstrated experience with Linux and/or Windows administration, preferably RedHat Enterprise Linux and/or Windows Server. Must have solid verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to create effective technical documentation for both internal and external use. Strong ability to adapt to dynamic environments and new technologies. And familiarity with at least some of the following items
- LDAP, and Active Directory.
- Virtualization systems and best practices in, preferably VMWare.
- DNS, DHCP, local firewalls, and load balancing.
- System monitoring software such as LogicMonitor.
- SAN, NAS and backup systems including NetApp and Rubrik.
- Intermediate scripting.
Queen Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to promote an environment that helps our employees and clients appreciate the benefits that diversity provides.