Westbury, New York
Position: Systems Engineer
Location: Westbury, NY
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 months to start
The System Engineer participates in the identification of; servers, users, running tasks, services, storage and network use cases. Further, the System Engineer collaborates with our Systems Engineering, and Data Center Decommissioning teams and supports our varied Project Migration activities. A key function of this assignment is to run server scripts (or recommend and implement either scripts or tools) that can be used to be setup, run, and managed so that server use analysis can be reviewed, documented and escalated.
A Key function of this role will be to:
- Setup and running of server based scripts (or tools);
- Monitor the scripts daily to assure that they are continually collecting data and assure that the health of the server will be maintained (ie User access, FTP processes, security rights of users, jobs and directory structures;
- Extraction of data from the scripts daily; and
- Import them in MS Excel for subsequent analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews and supports server hardware, software and application discovery.
- Investigative work to identify; FTP Servers, Application Users, File Shares, File and Security. Structures, Server associated Resource Utilization of the Server(s).
- Familiar with Microsoft and Linux/Unix operating systems and system functions.
- Creates documentation related to technology status including administration, data structures.
- Identifies systems; Capacity (i.e., memory, storage), Performance analysis, etc.
- Participates in system migration programs for assigned technologies, change management
- Participates in server inventories, rack evaluation
- Maintains documentation of the analysis and to keeps server inventories up to date.
- Degree in Information Science, Computer Science, Software Engineering
- Minimum of one to two years Systems or Data Center engineering support and maintenance experience required.
- Microsoft Server Certification and other Networking Certifications beneficial for this role.
- Occasional travel to our Data Centers may be necessary