Tableau Data Analyst
100 N Greene St Greensboro, North Carolina 27401
Position: Tableau Data Analyst
Job Location: Greensboro, NC
This position will extract and analyze complex data sets to develop meaningful, business driven data visuals utilizing Tableau. S/he will participate in the design, development, validation of emerging and ongoing metrics, reports, analysis, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions. S/he will also conduct hands-on retrieving, compiling and analyzing of large volumes of data from disparate databases into distilled, actionable information and insights. The ideal candidate is curious, open minded, flexible and a fast leaner who seeks to use data to facilitate business driven decisions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Utilizes data to identify and recommend process improvements that significantly reduce workloads, improve data quality that allows leaders to make informed decisions and drive the collective business forward.
- Generates meaningful reports, and appealing visual aids in transforming base transactional data into meaningful information to drive informed dialog and strategy development with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensures data integrity and develops procedures for increasing the quality and accuracy of information from multiple data sources.
- Maintains an understanding of how the data contained in the various systems are utilized, and is able to triangulate various aspects of the data into a usable format to support decision making.
- Identifies and interprets more complex developments, variances, and trends; researches inconsistencies/anomalies in the data and presents findings to management.
- Serves as a resource to advise management & business stakeholders on use of quality business analytics, tools, and methods to improve efficiency, accuracy, and interpretation of various business metrics.
ADDITIONAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: - Making suggestions for improvement - Learning new skills, procedures and processes
- Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 4 Year/Bachelor' s degree in Management Information Systems, Design, Human Factors, Computer Science or related discipline (Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology) or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor' s) in Accounting (Minimum Required).
- 3 + Years of data analytics, data mining, and/or reporting experience that directly aligns to the responsibilities of this position. (Required).
- Mastery of the following to query normalized relationship data and dimensional warehouse data: MS Excel, SQL and MySQL.
- 2+ years of experience working with Tableau visualization software a must, experience with other visualization software tools preferred.
- At least 1 year of experience with prototyping/mock-ups/storyboards.
- Experience building and deploying APIs using Task Top, API Designer, Anypoint Studio
- Understanding of UI/UX design concepts.
- Experience enterprise IT systems and project management concepts preferred.