Tax Administration Associate
8801 Indian Hills Dr Omaha, Nebraska 68114
Position Title: Tax Administration Associate
Job Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Interview Expectations: Unspecified
Local Candidate: Unspecified
This position will perform and deliver on routine assignments while simultaneously leveraging and applying knowledge of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility. The Group Protection Tax Reporting position will resolve and respond to customer tax questions associated with group protection policyholder, individual members and Brokers tax reportable transactions. The position will assist in preparing disability tax reporting required for accurate federal and state tax reporting for Corporate Tax.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with customer service calls and handles the reporting of customer’ s tax inquiries related to group disability insurance policies.
- Research and respond to questions related to tax documents, evaluate accuracy of documents, and process corrections as needed.
- Completes tax calculations for tax reportable events and may perform SSN updates as required in accordance with established procedures and guidelines in a timely manner meeting departmental quality/production standards
- Completes applicable tax reporting on any taxable event for his/her assigned area(s) of Group Protection responsibility.
- Completes research and resolves tax calculation issues for his/her assigned area(s) in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Communicates effectively with applicable internal/ external stakeholders while maintaining a professional demeanor in all interactions.
- Escalates issues/concerns to more senior team members and/or management.
- Researches, evaluates, corrects and processes corrections to tax documents (e.g. W-2, 1099) for Group policyholder, individual members and Brokers in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Develops relationships & collaborates with a network of internal partners to deliver issue resolution.
- Understands customer needs, prioritizes duties & adheres to regulatory/compliance requirements.
- Leverages knowledge of all Mainframe, applicable End User Computer tools, and Corporate Tax system at the policy &/or product level to identify & troubleshoot system issues & collaborates with Business & Technology Optimization and IT to reconcile.
- Proactively reaches out to customers to assist & resolve issues before customer writes a complaint.
- Receives, researches, responds to & resolves customer service tax issues related to group disability insurance products.
- Assists with annual mailing of required tax forms: obtains, analyzes & reconciles year-end data from various sources, evaluates variances, reviews production & mailing of tax documents in compliance with IRS regulations & deadlines
- Maintains customer confidentiality while complying with privacy regulations.
- Documents customer interactions in appropriate system(s).
ADDITIONAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: - Making suggestions for improvement - Learning new skills, procedures and processes
- Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED or minimum Associate degree in lieu of required experience. (Minimum Required)
- 1 - 3+ Years’ Experience in a customer service position within the financial services industry that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities. (Required)
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret internal documents such as policy and procedures and standard operating procedures.
- Works with mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, averages and/or variances.
- Ability to evaluate information and the implications of a course of action or solution.
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook).
- Demonstrates ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrates solid relationship management skills with internal and/or external clients (e.g. management, peers, colleagues, customers, etc.).
- Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle & feel & talk, hear & see.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk & reach with hands & arms.
- Employee must be able to work more than 40 hrs per week.