Technical Graphic Designer
7 Beaver Brook Rd. Littleton, MA 01460
Position: Technical Graphic Designer
Location: Littleton, MA
Duration: 3-6 month + extensions
The Technical Graphic Designer will develops user interface screens for graphical monitoring and control of broadcast facilities. This person will interaction with end users and clients as necessary for requirements definition, concept development and product validation.
- Work with customers and internal staff to define project requirements including scope and functionality of control screens, parameters to be monitored and controlled, and customer preferences regarding graphical presentation.
- Develop scope-of-work documents detailing project phases, milestones and estimated implementation effort.
- Establish graphical project guidelines including color palette selection, screen layout and choice of graphical elements for representation of monitored parameters.
- Create screen layouts using the drag-and-drop Custom View Editor.
- Bind graphical elements to monitoring and command channels on company’ s remote control equipment located at customer facilities.
- Work with customers and internal staff to test and evaluate control screens.
The successful candidate will combine graphical design skills with the ability to understand workflows and high level technical functionality of communications equipment sites.
- Experience in graphical layout and design
- Background in user interface configuration
- Familiarity with drag-and-drop graphical design tools
- Ability to understand technical system operations at a block diagram level
- Knowledge of broadcast equipment and facilities a plus