Earl Campbell Pkwy Tyler, Texas 75701
Position: Telecom Technician
Location: Tyler, TX
Type: 6 month Contract to start
Interview Expectations: Phone and In Person
Must Have: Must have experience with Telecom, experience troubleshooting telephony issues and supporting equipment., Voice to Voice Telephony Experience
Nice to Have: Avaya IP Office
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Telecom Technician modifies repairs and conducts preventive maintenance on internal/in-house telecommunications equipment and related systems. Assist in the development of new internal programs or modifications of current systems.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs functions that require full knowledge of general aspects of the job.
• Provides technical support with respect to telecommunications for all locations, including ordering, troubleshooting and maintenance.
• Interfaces with major communication carriers and telecom vendors to coordinate installations and break/fix issues.
• Designs and configures voice communication systems, programs systems and administers voice mail to support user requirements.
• Executes system upgrades, maintain appropriate inventory to support the user base, performs system backups on a regular schedule and performs preventative maintenance.
• Provides customer training regarding the telecommunications features and functionality.
• Analyzes test data and recommends hardware or software to purchase.
• Troubleshoots and resolves repair issues and follows the proper escalation procedure to minimize downtime.
• Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
• Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School Diploma required, Bachelor’ s degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
• 1 – 2 years’ related experience.
• Telecommunications certificate preferred.
• Working knowledge of Avaya PBX/Key systems required.
• Personnel management/development courses or equivalent experience.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong PC skills, experience in Microsoft office.