1295 Boylston St Boston, MA 02215
Location: Boston, MA
Duration: Direct Hire
Must Haves: Extensive knowledge of LOINC. Terminology implementation experience. Bachelor’ s Degree Required, Advanced Degree Preferred. Clinical workflow/work experience is a plus.
Interview: Must be available to interview on-site
- Providing leadership and support for applying standard terminologies to health data from disparate sources including historic and continuous, live data streams.
- Developing and maintain libraries of a variety of mapping methodologies between our clinical health record and interoperable applications.
- Guiding team members, contractors, developers and trainers in optimal usage of standard terminologies and metadata assets in application design, data modeling, development and research.
- Champion standards into everyday data model integration, metadata management and other strategic initiatives to support operations, research, informatics projects, and clinical data analytics needs.
- Assisting in augmenting large clinical data sets using standard (ICD-10, SNOMED CT, LOINC, etc.) and proprietary terminologies, metadata resources and data curation techniques.
- Planning, designing and implementing integrated data, metadata and terminology models to support FHIR implementations at BCH.
- Analyze, process, update, and utilize standard terminologies and metadata from contributing data sources to support processes for data extraction, transformation, loading, coding, storage, reuse, and reporting.
- Identifying informatics solutions and opportunities to improve and enhance terminology resources, semantic infrastructure, and codification rules to align the data to current informatics initiatives.
- Creating and maintain content documentation, standard operating procedures and training materials to enable adherence to relevant project policies and best practices for uses of standards and metadata management.
To qualify, you must have:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in clinical informatics, clinical data analytics, epidemiology, public health, medicine, nursing, or in a relevant scientific field. Advanced degree preferred.
- One year of medical informatics, biomedical data analysis, and/or standard terminology implementation experience.
- Experience supporting the implementation of ontologies, clinical classification systems, nomenclatures, data standards, and reference sources relevant to clinical data and biomedical research such as ICD-10, SNOMED CT, LOINC and RxNorm.
- Experience with terminology management system(s).
- Experience documenting and working with business processes and re-engineering.
- Clinical workflow/work experience is a plus.