One Columbus Plaza
| Work from home flexibility
Category: IT Business and Systems Analysis
Job Number: 20381
Position: Test Analyst
Location: New Haven, CT - Hybrid Onsite 2 days/week
Job Type: Direct Hire
- The Test Analyst plans, designs, manages, executes and reports on testing using appropriate testing tools and techniques conforming to agreed process standards as defined by Service Transition & Validation.
- The purpose of testing is to ensure that new and amended systems, configurations, packages, or services, together with any interfaces, perform as specified (including security requirements). Testing includes the process of using and maintaining test ware (test cases, test scripts, test reports, test plans, etc.) to measure and improve the quality of the software being tested.
- The Test Analyst works to determine the accuracy and integrity of systems within their portfolio through drafting and execution of efficient test plans, test cases, automated testing scripts, and test scenarios.
- They will draft, track, modify, and execute testing plans, test cases, automated test scripts, and test scenarios.
- The Test Analyst must have a thorough understanding of the business, functional, and technical aspects of the applications used within that portfolio.
- They will work with testing tools, report on testing metrics, and extend the use of technology in testing.
- Manage the complete test cycle of software development from requirements testing to user acceptance and release testing.
- Understand business, functional and technical aspects of applications in assigned portfolio.
- Plan testing at different stages within the development cycle, including formulation of testing objectives and quality criteria, development of testing strategy and testing approach.
- Prepare effort estimation.
- Define and communicate the test strategy for the initiative.
- Ensure that testing activities will allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements.
- Utilize all test processes, including test plans, test deliverables and traceability.
- Design, develop and execute reusable and maintainable automated scripts using available tools.
- Create and conduct REST & SOAP Web Service tests using SoapUI, REST API clients.
- Performs data mapping and data analysis. Creates data mapping and data visualization documents.
- Design and develop test cases in consultation with programmers and Business Analyst based on requirements specifications and design description.
- Execute test and reviews test data within specified scheduled dates.
- Ensure cohesive integration of test and development activities.
- Assist in monitoring unit testing and preliminary integration testing by programmers.
- Take responsibility for integrity of testing and acceptance activities and coordinate the execution of these activities.
- Assist in Management of business/client relationships with respect to testing matters.
- Organize and conduct user acceptance and release testing of the software.
- Participate in triage process, fully reproducing issues, communicating workarounds, developing missing test scenarios and validating fixes; accurately submitting and maintaining defects in the appropriate repository.
- Work closely with Programmers and Business Analysts to resolve technical, design and functional issues.
- Identify process improvements and contribute to corporate testing standards and definition of best practice.
- Recommend functional and non-functional testing standards and implement same within the software test cycle.
- Participate in peer review of software development cycle deliverables.
- Prepare and submit reports on work progress on a regular basis.
- On-Call and/or after-hours work required.
- Professionalism/Personal Accountability, Collaboration and Teamwork, Communication, Flexible and Adapts to Change, Service to Customers and Clients
- Proficiency in software testing techniques, testing tools, incident/defect tracking systems and other test-support tools
- Proficiency in scripting test cases and defining test data sets
- Experience in testing in Agile, Waterfall, and Hybrid environments
- Experience in functional analysis, testing, verification, and validation
- Experience in estimating testing efforts
- Experience leading user acceptance testing
- Experience in client/server, web-based systems, and/or mainframe environments
- Strong Analytical skills
- Data analysis and presentation skills
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication
- Effectively participates in teams and moves toward completion of goals
- Effectively resolves conflicts
Education and Experience Qualifications
- Experience with at least 2 defect tracking tools (e.g., HP ALM, Bugzilla, PVCS Tracker, ClearQuest, Team Track) and 1 test management tool (e.g., HP ALM)
- Data analysis skills including ability to perform intermediate SQL queries
- Experience with Scripting languages.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Visio, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Advanced Excel skills required
- Technical understanding of the digital platform, cloud applications, web services, server-side components and APIs
- BS or BA with emphasis in computer science, information systems or business administration
- 5 or more years related work experience
- International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) Foundation Certification a plus
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for a majority of the workday.
Queen Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to promote an environment that helps our employees and clients appreciate the benefits that diversity provides.