Test Automation Lead
SchrafftÃ¢ÂÂs City Center 529 Main Street Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129
The Test Automation Lead is a key role within our IT Quality Assurance team responsible for building an automation framework. The Lead will help develop an automation test strategy and roadmap for the Plan and will define and drive implementation of test automation best practices. The Lead will develop and implement the test automation framework, develop automation scripts, maintain the framework and train others on how to use and execute automated tests.
- Define the test automation strategy and framework to be used across IT, and continue to enhance and modify based on industry best practices.
- Participate in the selection of automation tools.
- Execute automation strategy, define and manage automation metrics, and drive process improvements
- Provide technical leadership, direction, strategy and hands-on assistance to other members of the team
- Mentors other QA professionals in test automation best practices and adherence to overall testing strategy
- Promote the advancement and maturity of the Plan’ s automation practices through training, collaboration, and creation of standards
- Design and implement advanced testing practices and tools. Evaluate, recommend, and implement enterprise-wide standards and process guidelines that support automated process improvement across the SDLC.
- Establish policies and procedures to ensure that the IT organization understands their roles and responsibilities for test automation.
- Responsible for administration of test tools and integrations required to support the test automation strategic roadmap and will implement enterprise-wide standards and process guidelines to ensure effective use of the tools
- Ensure test scripts are documented, reported and tracked in HP Quality Center or appropriate tool
- Assist in defining measureable testing metrics and build out automated reporting and dashboards.
- Provide automation test reports and statistics and ensure accurate and complete documentation.
- A bachelor’ s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in quality assurance/testing procedures, testing methodologies that includes implementing automation solutions
- Experience implementing one or more automation frameworks (UTF, QC/ALM, Selenium or developed in-house)
- QTP/UFT experience in building object repositories, standard & custom checkpoints, parameterization, reusable functions, recovery scenarios, and descriptive programming
- Experience with a variety of testing techniques and methodologies
- Experienced in performing test automation assessments, identifying targets for automation, and recommending automation best practices
- Keeps current on test automation tools and their benefits or shortcomings
- Experienced administrator for HP QuickTest Pro, Unified Functional Tester, and QC/ALM
- Subject matter expert in software testing standards, processes, methodologies, and tools
- Experienced with automating UI, APIs, web services and back-end processes
- Experience in applying formal QA and testing methodologies
- Experienced in cross-training and mentoring other team members on the automation framework and scripts development
- Experienced in successfully automating smoke tests and regression test suites
- Experience in healthcare industry preferred but not required
Competencies, Skills, and Attributes:
- Experience writing and debugging automated tests
- Experience writing complex SQL select statements such as multi table joins, update and insert statements. The ability to read and understand DTS, SSIS packages, SQL job executions.
- Experience deploying systems and/or software installations from source code management systems such as VSS, Perforce.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.