8801 Indian Hills Dr Omaha, Nebraska 68114
Position: Training Consultant
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
This position will develop, implement and evaluate complex training content to ensure organizational readiness for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility. Will also champion and enhance organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Training and Development
- Coordinates training plans and programs for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility to meet departmental training objectives.
- Develop and/or create software simulations, videos, podcasts, job aids, e-learning modules a range of alternatives to instructor-led training
- Develops procedures, manuals and/or visual aids to meet objectives of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Develops and conducts more complex training needs assessments and determines training requirements for new program development.
- Conducts training and ongoing training evaluations to ensure effectiveness of programs and recommends more complex training modifications as necessary.
- Serves as a trusted training resource and ensures training materials, plans and/or programs reflect business needs and organizational readiness of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Proactively collaborates and communicates with appropriate internal/external stakeholders to address more complex training gaps to optimize organizational performance.
- Supports and participates in collaborating with and leveraging key internal relationships, departments and divisions, to meet end-user needs
- Uncovers issues and suggests and implements changes to procedures, processes and plans to increase operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Actively contributes to the strategy of the project team
- Articulates and advocates for the work of the project
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) or responsibility, assess the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
ADDITIONAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: - Making suggestions for improvement- Learning new skills, procedures and processes
- Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 4 Year/Bachelor’ s Degree (Degree in Training Development or Instructional Design preferred) or equivalent work experience (5-7 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors)
- 3-5 years’ training, instructional design, adult learning, and/or performance experience that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
- Functional knowledge aligned with area of expertise
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential, including the ability to interact with general partners and other leaders of the firm
- Demonstrates personal initiative, strong interpersonal and advanced project management skills
- Demonstrates organization and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Group Protection products and concepts, practices and procedures used in the industry highly desired
- Skilled in the use of e-learning tools
- Demonstrated experience in virtual training methods including WebEx and video software preferred
- Drives performance targets to completion
- Travel Type: National Domestic
- Travel Amount: up to 20%
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret both internal and external documents such as general media/publications, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, policies, proposals, and standard operating procedures.
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions/presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate training needs using various communication methods such as computer based, interactive e-learning, traditional classroom etc.
- Ability to analyze complex information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution.
- Ability to analyze information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution.
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Evaluate trends in data or information.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend processes improvements.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates strong leadership with proven ability to balance multiple projects and schedules in a timely manner.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among senior/executive management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
- Knowledge of curriculum development principles.
- Work and be proficient with e-mail systems.
- No Licensure or Certification Required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle & feel & talk, hear & see.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk & reach with hands & arms.
- Employee must be able to work more than 40 hrs per week.