San Antonio, Texas
Position Title: Epic Training PM
Job Location: TX
Interview Expectations: onsite
Local Candidate: not required
Required Skill Sets: Epic Training Project Management, certification
- Responsible for the management, oversight, development and facilitation of the training team for both implementations and support. Develops the strategy and provides support for the roll-out of Epic training. Responsible for the management, oversight, development and facilitation of the training team for both implementations and support.
- Develops the strategy and provides support for the roll-out of Epic training to end users in hospitals, clinics and physician offices.
- Responsible for the development and evaluation of training materials for Epic applications as well as day to day management of the Training Specialists.
- Hires develops and evaluates both Training Specialists and Credentialed Trainers.
- Assists director in working with business and clinical owners to define, plan, implement and evaluate the training curricula required to ensure smooth change management for departments transitioning to the Epic EHR.
- Participates in interdepartmental collaboration and problem solving working closely with Clinical Informatics and Information Technology.
- Also responsible for overseeing the build out, maintenance and updating of the training environments.
- Additional responsibilities include oversight for all role-based and workflow centric training materials, development of the overall training schedule and scheduling the appropriate level training for each user type, securing and scheduling training facilities, ensuring that all users needing training access to Epic are assigned the appropriate training in the LMS, development and execution of post-live training plans for the entire network.
- Plan, develop, coordinate, manage and evaluate implementation and optimization training for all trainers. Act as subject matter expert and team manager to ensure training quality and consistency. Collaborates with director to craft overall vision and mission document for operations leaders as well as project team leadership.
- Formulates training system scope and objectives to support operation workflows and the education associated with those workflows. Assists director with ongoing communication with organizational leaders regarding training issues and requirements.
- Manages the audience analysts required to identify and assign training to new and existing hospitals and clinics by collaborating with HR Analytics including the implementation of ERP data feeds between HR and LMS. Overall responsibility for the creation of training schedules and identification of training facilities.
- Responsible for coordinating with both application and technical team leads to design and maintain a training environment management plan for Master Training Environment as well as Actual Classroom Environments and the Playground including accurate and meaningful training patient build, patient duplication and environment refresh schedules.
- Responsible for overseeing the development of training schedules, agendas, course materials, job aids and post training competencies that are role-specific. Ensures that training methods, including both online and classroom instruction are utilized appropriately to maximize learner knowledge and retention.
- Utilizes project management tools as appropriate to accurately document change control for all training materials and environments. Assists director with management of third party vendors.
- Provides hands-on coaching and feedback for trainers as well as suggestions for improvement.
- Minimum of five years’ progressive clinical/healthcare experience with demonstrated experience in Training.
- Must have strong leadership and project management skills with the ability to effectively present information to clinical and business leaders within the organization
- Experience in providing the full spectrum of Epic Training delivery as well as Super User coordination
- 3-5 years of experience with Project Management in the area of Training
- Must have lead a Training Engagement as a Project Manager
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in Project Management from initialization through closing
- Must be able to utilize standard project management tools (i.e.: Microsoft project, excel, Share Point)
- Ability to work in small groups under tight project deadlines
- Prior experience managing and coordinating Principle Trainers and Credentialed Trainers.
- Epic certification required. Certifications in multiple applications a plus.
- Clinical background a plus
- Bachelor’ s degree in related field or equivalent operational/clinical healthcare experience; Master' s degree in nursing or in relevant field preferred.
- Strong problem-solving & troubleshooting skills
- Self-starter with demonstrated teamwork & communication skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- PMP Certification a plus