UI Developer (Corporate Communications)
Greater Boston Area, Massachusetts
Position: UI Developer
Duration: 6 months plus extensions
Location: Greater Boston Area
Must provide a portfolio
Must be able to work onsite
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Principal UI Developer will work as part of a User Experience (UX) team and lead the development of user experience tools and functioning prototypes to support the projects in the User Experience department. The Principal Developer will also help support all digital user experience designs for the projects via working digital assets to achievement of business objectives on time and at high quality.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
- Partner with the UX Director and UX designers to deliver applications and online experiences as needed while supporting the overall online strategy.
- Support multiple projects facilitated by the UX designers.
- Provide tools and lend technical support for user testing appropriate to each project in accordance with the best practices of the User Experience department
- Work closely with the Director and other members of the UX design team in an open, supportive, and collaborative environment
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Lead the creation of exceptional user experiences by developing clickable prototypes, user testing tools, style frameworks, and other technical solutions to support User Experience design
- Contribute to creative deliverables, including UX libraries and style guides
- Create and foster great working relationships in and out of the creative team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or related study.
Certification in web development and/or related technologies required if education is outside of Computer Science.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- UI developer with 10+ years of professional experience in developing web technologies
- Hands on experience in JS frameworks a plus, such as AngularJS, jQuery, D3.js, and node.js
- Strong understanding of databases like MongoDB
- Experience with CMS systems like WordPress required (expertise in this area is a must)
- Experience working on multiple platforms and browsers
- Expertise in cross-browser compatibility issues
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in an open HIGHLY collaborative environment
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills with the ability to provide multiple creative solutions to a single problem
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to think creatively and willing to work on ambiguous technical problems
- Ability to synthesize usability research findings, designer feedback, and business requirements into effective solutions